SWA new city? SHOCKING

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmm

Would love to see them bring the 737 back to TTN...Had Eastwind there for a time, access to Philly and New York markets...

Maybe Mexico City? Cabo?

No mention of SWA in the USA Today article below....but could be an interesting future possiblity.

Discount airlines make a run for Mexico
Discount airliners have a new destination in sight: Mexico. "In an environment where terrorism is a concern internationally, vacationers want to go places a little closer to home and better understood," airline consultant Robert Mann told USA TODAY. "Mexico is right around the corner." For discount airlines, "It's a natural opportunity." America West, ATA and Frontier have each announced plans for non-stop flights between U.S. cities and major Mexican resort cities, or have already started flying them. But Spanish-speaking customers heading for Mexico are likely to have a difficult time finding non-English help on U.S. airlines' Web sites. USA TODAY finds some airlines cater to one of the USA's fastest growing markets — but extensive Spanish content remains limited.

Check this out

New City?

From the Airline Rewards section of the Hilton HHonors program on the Hilton.com website:

Southwest Airlines® One free ticket anywhere Southwest flies within the U.S., excluding Hawaii. Award tickets are fully transferable. 85,000 FF2NWN
excluding Hawaii !?!

Check out the website yourself. Oversight/misprint/clue?

Any room for another beer pool here?

Last edited:
Has any one heard any additional indication of when this will be announced?

What about any new info on a new pilot domicile?

I think the 3rd quarter results will play a big role in everything! Look out, LF's have been pretty good.

My guess is it's shocking because it's either outside our business model or it's somewhere we've already pulled out of, otherwise it wouldn't be shocking.

Back into SFO? Doubt it. Denver? COS? That would be shocking.

Or outside the contig US: Hawaii? Doubt it. Mex? Doubt it. I never thought of Alaska...that would shock as well.

DENVER or COS wins my vote!!!!! Shocking, but still in line with all the business model rules. This company is pretty conservative I'm noticing!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back