SWA New City? Hmmm....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CLT bbbbbaby!!!

Just a note about SWA announcing new cities....just prior to PHL being announced there was much speculation about cities....the day prior & the day of the annoucement there were sample fares in the res. system that showed BOS as a SWA city pairing....why would they put that in there but to send out mixed messages & keep everyone on their toes? Could a news agency be duped by SWA? Guess we'll find out Monday or later....just some more colorful speculation.

[QUOTE='LUVIN LIFE]So is there any intel from within that this may also turn into a new pilot base? I thought I heard a rumor earlier this year that a new pilot base would open up at the end of the year. That would be primo![/QUOTE]

Well, it would be the perfect place for a domicile........ seeing that it's about 20 minutes from my house! :)

Yeppers, definitely more than a little wet behind the ears with regards to the airline industry. I tell you what though, rumors are like bellybuttons. And some definitely have more crap in it than others! :p

I'll figure it out eventually, Rome wasn't built in a day. (HA! Who am I kidding?). I just need to figure out if this forum does me more good than harm! :)

So for now I'll continue to read, and yes, I too am pulling for CLT.

I was comuting out of RSW this morrning, caught the 7:30 DL to CVG, well, there was two news crew trucks, with the extendeable antennas, the whole deal. I pulled over to them and asked what's up, He said, " Southwest is coming".

FWIW...

Well, it makes sense.

When I got hired, SWA had just started FL service. At the breakfast with Herb, I asked him about Ft. Myers. He said that we wanted to go in there, but that they wouldn't give us our own gates. We'd have to share with other airlines. For our operation to make money, we need to use the gate all the time.

5 years later, when I was in upgrade, I asked him again, as well as the guy who is in charge of schedule planning, about Ft. Myers, and they said the same thing.

RSW opened a new terminal last month, with a ton more gates. Now we're going in there.......

Ft. Meyers new terminal IS NOT OPEN. it is supposed to open July 20, but people that I have talked to locally said all the support people, construction, etc. said they are behind, rumor is October.

Latest resources

Back