SWA memphis

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

needsumluv

Anyone know of a good interview prep individual located in the Memphis area. The prep is for a SWA interview so any person familiar with their process would be especially helpful.

Thanks in advance!

DON'T PREP.

Prep yourself: Write down every question you can think they might ask you, then answer them yourself.

Who would you rather talk to, a ANG mx who went forth and got his time and ratings, etc; OR A ROBOT WITH PROGRAMMED ANSWERS?

Trust me, be yourself. Don't be everyone else.

Well said.

How can I prepare for the LOI - How technical are the interviews at SWA? I mean are they going to ask me holding speeds, FARs etc.

Thanks

Oh there's some good advice. Don't prepare, he says. Failure to prepare is preparation for failure. Although the gentleman giving you the bad advice does have a valid point in that you don't want to be a robot with canned answers trying to be someone you are not.

Proper interview prep will help you learn things about yourself and teach you how to properly convey YOUR ideas and YOUR personality and YOUR experiences to the interviewers. They will help you get over nervousness. They will help you take your life's experiences and think of them in terms that will easily allow you to feel comfortable with the situation. It will teach you that interviewers aren't looking for perfect people. A prep person may be able to help identify something annoying that you subconciously do when speaking that could detract from your interview experience.
Don't fail to prepare for the shot of your life.

Let me guess... Hugh happens to run an interview prep business.

So we're clear here, I don't believe in BUYING interview prep. You should definitely be prepared for your interview, but its nothing you can't do on your own. Like most guys applying to SWA you probably have buds that work here. Ask them. Read up.

I haven't heard of them asking nitty gritty questions and FARs. The LOI seems to be one of those 'no right answer' deals. Sucks because everyone seems to come out of it thinking they sucked. Its about using your resources, talking out problems, and basically not being a jerk.

Read the posts from the other guys on here that have interviewed. They've changed the format since I went through 8 years ago, but the goal is the same, adn that's to put good people in the right seat who will become good people for the left seat.

And by the way, out interview team can smell an interview prep answer a mile away. This is what they do.

SW wouldn't have called you for the interview if you didn't meet the min quals. What they want to see now is who you are, not how well you can regurgitate replies to their questions.

It doesn't take a vivid imagination to know what they're going to ask you. Like Dickens... the best of times, the worst of times. Why the best was the best and the worst the worst and what you gleaned from the experiences.

Here's another scenario: Lets say for the sake of argument that it comes down to recommending you or another guy. Both equal in every sense, but the other guy bared his soul and spoke from the heart. You on the other hand gave them the answer you think they're looking for. Who's gonna look better?

RVR300 said:
DON'T PREP.

Prep yourself: Write down every question you can think they might ask you, then answer them yourself.

Who would you rather talk to, a ANG mx who went forth and got his time and ratings, etc; OR A ROBOT WITH PROGRAMMED ANSWERS?

Trust me, be yourself. Don't be everyone else.
Somebody does not know the difference between GOOD interview prep and LOUSY interview prep. No GOOD interview prep is going to have the candidate regurgitating canned answers like some robot.

GOOD interview prep will guide you through a thorough self-analysis of your skills, your strengths, your weaknesses, your successes, and your failures. The fact that this guy is asking is indication that he could benefit from GOOD interview prep.

You did what you thought you needed to do to prepare for your interview, and I did what I thought I needed. Apparently your preparation did not include an Interview Prep service. Mine didn't either, but it's not because I knew it was available and opted out. I did everything I knew to do to be fully prepared, and if I had known that something like Emerald Coast Interview Consulting was available, I would have sold furniture to take advantage of it.

You were successful, I was successful. Good on us. If this guy can use a better tool to do a better job, good on him, too.

I interviewed in Oct, and I am currently in the pool. I prepped with Craig Thornton (swaprep.com) in Phoenix. I thought it was invaluable. As a buddy of mine put it who also prepped with him and is in class right now, it's $300 for a million $ job. I wanted to give myself the best chance to succeed. If I would have not prepped and been turned down, I would be kicking myself.

If you are prepped correctly, you will not be an automated answering machine. The interviewers cannot read "I prepped" across your forehead. They can if you blurt out responses before the question is finished or you don't answer the questions they ask. Did I 100% need to prep? Probably not, but it gave my lazy self a chance to put on my interview suit and have someone fire questions at me. A couple of his questions which were the same I got in the interview threw me for a loop in the prep, but not in the interview. I was so much more relaxed in the interview than in the prep which was a good thing. I know at least 6-9 other dudes who prepped that are in class or in the pool, but most of us are dumb Viper guys!

Good luck!

RVR300 said:
Let me guess... Hugh happens to run an interview prep business.
That is too funny.

No, he doesn't.

But he should.

Latest resources

Back