Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MDW Meltdown??

For the record...
There hasn't been much of anything melting in Chicago for the last 4 days. Frickin' BRRRR :D

Waveflyer is just the quintessential management kiss-ass. I wouldn't pay too much attention to him.

Dude, I had FUPM on my signature line long before you knew it was a movie quote

The rest- what's he spose to do- not call me a fu<ktard after I called him a fu<kstick? Of all things I'm confident in pcl's thick skin on the sticks and stones. But the poster above has his transparent agenda pegged. His loyalty is to alpa. Which is the career path he really wants.
Hence this charade of quitting a good job to sell real estate. He'll get on with delta and live his dream of alpa exec again, I'm sure. He's just setting his play, and poisoning the well at southwestern trail ways as much as his little influence can, before he moves on back to the role of union trip pull

In the meantime " stewpid fu(k" answer the point then- what are you critiquing. Everything you write is just a vague negative cloud. Your agenda appears to be to spread discontent than offer up a logical critique that can inform. Get specific. Did your "can run an airline" CEO furlough in '09? Did our "kneel at the alter of the spreadsheet god" CEO not furlough in '09 when he could have?

I was probably already out of the risk range for an '09 furlough- but it would have been stressful-

Tell me an actual critique of this CEO - make a specific point. As it is we're debating your bs vagueness that has no constructive point.
Get out of the subjective - until then your nothing but a propagandist with an alpa agenda

Last edited:
What the hell is your problem waveflyer? Why jump pcl 128's $hit? He was just pointing out the past at the tran and how that may translate to the MAJOR frickin issues we have going on here. After experiencing the unbelievable meltdown first hand, I have never felt so uneasy about our future here. Clearly, upper management is to blame for all of this.

Because he's a propagandist with a seriously transparent agenda to poison the swa well for alpa.
He claims otherwise, but every line he's typed and move he's made has been predicted for 3 years now. It's boring at this point

Btw- you're not the only one who's experienced the meltdown first hand. Bet my board is more jacked up than yours. Your bio tells me that maybe you dont have much multi- airline experience to gauge this particular meltdown by.

As crap as this was- as much as I provide no excuse for management failure- a LOT of airlines failed hard this week as the "arctic vortex" spun down on the lower 48- I guarantee you this- I wouldn't have wanted to be working at American or united in ohare this week- or delta in Detroit and minne- or JetBlue in New York- or any airline in New York-
We had serious issues- I do not deny that-
And again had serious tech issues as the scheduling optimizer crashed during the weather disruptions and 117 changeover- for two days scheduling had to manually get it done-
That sucked.
Pcl says I'm sucking gk's dick by saying I wouldn't want to go through a crap situation at any other airline more than swa. You agree?
Name another contract you'd rather be under when the sh/t hits the fan.

Name another contract you'd rather be under when the sh/t hits the fan.

Gary kelly's

Hence this charade of quitting a good job to sell real estate.

I've never said anything about selling real estate. That's your guess. But as far as leaving this career, I've offered you the opportunity to profit if I'm lying, and you've been too much of a coward to take me up on it. I think the last offer was a $1,000 wager that I would be gone before year's end. If you're so confident that I'm full of it, why are you so scared to put your money where your mouth is? Or can the money just not fit because of Gary's dick being in the way?

Tell me an actual critique of this CEO

My biggest beef is with VdV, not Gary. The entire operation is a joke. Rampers don't hustle, an employee who works at the gate counter can't give you the paperwork and let you down the jetbridge because that's "somebody else's job," we can't get ETOPS approved, proving runs to PR are a disaster, automation isn't used as its supposed to be, the list goes on and on. Most of that isn't really Gary's fault. It's the fault of VdV and his underlings. But I do hold Gary responsible for seeming to be completely incapable of figuring out how to grow the airline. His 15% ROIC number is nothing but a stalling measure because he doesn't know what to do with the billions of dollars sitting around that would return value and growth for the stakeholders.

I've never said anything about selling real estate. That's your guess. But as far as leaving this career, I've offered you the opportunity to profit if I'm lying, and you've been too much of a coward to take me up on it. I think the last offer was a $1,000 wager that I would be gone before year's end. If you're so confident that I'm full of it, why are you so scared to put your money where your mouth is? Or can the money just not fit because of Gary's dick being in the way?

My biggest beef is with VdV, not Gary. The entire operation is a joke. Rampers don't hustle, an employee who works at the gate counter can't give you the paperwork and let you down the jetbridge because that's "somebody else's job," we can't get ETOPS approved, proving runs to PR are a disaster, automation isn't used as its supposed to be, the list goes on and on. Most of that isn't really Gary's fault. It's the fault of VdV and his underlings. But I do hold Gary responsible for seeming to be completely incapable of figuring out how to grow the airline. His 15% ROIC number is nothing but a stalling measure because he doesn't know what to do with the billions of dollars sitting around that would return value and growth for the stakeholders.

The only thing that has changed since your Gulfstream years are the years....

Latest resources

Back