• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA MDW Meltdown

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I live downwind of the great lakes..ON the shore line, and I had to laugh at this:

"...unending snowstorm that dumped as much as 10 inches to a foot of snow in some areas around Chicago over three days..."

What a joke. If memory serves correct someone at JetBlue lost their job over a winter storm meltdown.

Not a SWA hater but this brings back memories of another MDW meltdown experienced a few years ago.......back when ATA haunted that postage stamp of an airport.

http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/...west-airlines-faced-its-worst-nightmares.html

Happy not to be based there anymore.

At what point would SWA dispatchers divert or actually cancel flights inbound to MDY when there are 31 airplanes waiting for gates????? If the facts are as they are written in the story, then indeed SWA does deserve a fine for poor operational control.

I hope that several people get fired for this crap show! We are still dealing with it today...but hell...we are on our way to legacy status so GK will give out some bonuses.

What a joke. If memory serves correct someone at JetBlue lost their job over a winter storm meltdown.

There is ZERO accountability at SWA these days. It's just the tip of the iceberg in my opinion. This wasn't even a real storm. Ground ops staffing has been a problem for several years now. I doubt much will change until we see significant revenue declines. CEO Gary Kelly will never replace COO Mike Van de Ven despite his obvious failures. It is what it is. This happens to all companies. SWA has had a good run....it was bound to end sooner or later.

At what point would SWA dispatchers divert or actually cancel flights inbound to MDY when there are 31 airplanes waiting for gates????? If the facts are as they are written in the story, then indeed SWA does deserve a fine for poor operational control.

Probably never since it's doubtful that SWA is planning on flying to MIDWAY ATOLL in the near (or distant) future.

Regards,
Fr8doggie

Wow. That's terrible. I doubt WN will pay anything in fines. They have the DOT in their back pocket. Must be the pizza parties.

The butt crack stain of "legacy" is permeating SWA. King gary is clueless and prince vdv is picking the lint out of his belly button..... dumb. And dumber should be their halloween costumes next year. They have it mastered.

Latest resources

Back