SWA MDW Meltdown

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Patience, people. Patience. Get through this-

In BWI was told the ramp crew "timed out" had to wait 45 min. For another crew to load bags. How does a ramper time out? This after waiting 30min past scheduled arrival time for a gate.

I was told the same thing in BWI that the ramp is timed out. I then told then that in 20 minutes we time out and you'll be stuck with a 140 people and a plane at a gate when you've got 10 waiting for one...MAGICALLY 3 appeared out of the break room. I know it's cold and it sucks...but you agreed to work outside! I worked the ramp for delta for 3 years in Boston for Delta...I dealt with it...now the staffing issue falls on managements shoulders and someone needs to be held accountable. Another "thanks for your hard work during a bad week" email isn't good enough.

Everybody likes to ride the sled downhill. Only till it hits the bottom of the hill will someone get off to pull it back up the hill. I guess we are still going down the hill at this point. Wee!!!

Are the rampers in contract negotiations? How far past an amenable date can you push people before they start getting really pissed?

Are the rampers in contract negotiations? How far past an amenable date can you push people before they start getting really pissed?

Every employee group at SWA except the Dispatchers are in contract negotiations, and most groups are at least 1-2 years past the amendable date.

Every employee group at SWA except the Dispatchers are in contract negotiations, and most groups are at least 1-2 years past the amendable date.

I hope for your sakes it changes. Hate to see bean counters ruin a great company. I think Herb said "take care of your employees and they'll take care of your customers".

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back