• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Number five.....

hmmm.....all Southwest......

Last edited:
700? eh Gup?

Well, you can always supply numbers on FI but making them truthful is a whole other story.....

Lessee....Dallas L1011 200+, Dallas 727...13, Pcola MD-88....1......

Fuzzy math Gup.....

This back and forth is ridiculous. The crew safely got the plane on the ground. And you wonder why the race to the bottom is so fast. Zero unity when it comes to our occupation. Kudos to the crew and to those that bite their collective tongues with irresponsible comments.

Crew did a Super job......no Question!

Does the Maintenance Management do theirs? That's THE question...

Nothing irresponsible about asking it.....

No, actually I can't add. The formatting of the columns I was using threw me off. I was indeed off by several hundred but none the less the number is 100's fold more than SWA with MANY more total events.

My bad.

Gup

Ok gup....

I hear ya......point taken

To the person who reported one of the posts in here, I don't see it as a ToS violation, but since it *DID* start a SWA/AAI discussion, I'm not going to moderate it one way or another, although I'd be tempted to remove it simply because it's not germaine to the discussion of the 737 hull problems.

CLR or OWW will have to decide. Just wanted you to know we weren't ignoring you, just feel like I can't moderate it now that it's turned in an SLI direction.

/mod

To the person who reported one of the posts in here, I don't see it as a ToS violation, but since it *DID* start a SWA/AAI discussion, I'm not going to moderate it one way or another, although I'd be tempted to remove it simply because it's not germaine to the discussion of the 737 hull problems.

CLR or OWW will have to decide. Just wanted you to know we weren't ignoring you, just feel like I can't moderate it now that it's turned in an SLI direction.

/mod

Thanks Lear. Or the tattle tail could man up and PM one of us or just air it out like Bill and I do! We have a spat a couple times a year, call each other scumbags and move on.

Right Bill? :D

Back on topic... looks like the NTSB has stated that the sin cracks could not have been found without Eddy Current testing - which was not required or even recommended.

Now that 737 operators know what to look for I'm sure the likelihood of this happening again are slim.

Gup

From the NYT Business Day:

A Boeing engineer said Tuesday that the company had projected a longer lifespan for the skin and the supporting joints of its older 737 jetliners and was surprised that serious cracks developed on one Southwest Airlines plane last Friday.
Richter, a chief engineer for the older Boeing 737 models, said the plane maker had expected the parts to last 60,000 cycles of takeoffs and landings before cracks might form, while the jet that developed the hole on Friday had only 39,000 cycles. Southwest had done nothing wrong in maintaining the plane, Mr. Richter said.

Maybe it is a Boeing thing.

Right Gup-
It's amazing how many on here run to the mods- seriously ... Be grown ups a d work it out--

Latest resources

Back