SWA Makes emergency landing in Yuma AZ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Way to go Boeing!!!!

Gee.....why smear our largest 737 customer? Just let us take the hit so they will buy some more.....

It's just biz as usual in the Luv shack

LUMBERG...you need to cool your jets, til more info comes out. Seems that that particular area had not been sanctioned for closer inspection until now.

Are you guys really not smart enough to realize this was a flaw in the Boeing production line? There are a certain number of planes that were skinned 'slightly' different than the ones prior to them and after them.

The AD coming out shortly will affect more than just the Southwest jets, but Southwest had the majority of the faulty planes.

Anything more than the facts is just flame bait.

Did Boeing just make a design change, or did SWA want the price of their batch of 733's lower so they asked for the design change?

This back and forth is ridiculous. The crew safely got the plane on the ground. And you wonder why the race to the bottom is so fast. Zero unity when it comes to our occupation. Kudos to the crew and to those that bite their collective tongues with irresponsible comments.

...and geez, you guys are still bashing SWA on this. Pretty much every airline has had similar issues. AK with the Jack screw deal, DAL had all kinds of issues in the 90's, AirTran/ValueJet, AMR with the MD 80's before that DC-10 issues. Hawaiian made 60 minutes back in the 80's. Even Qantas is getting hammered in the press in Australia, etc etc. It happens, none of us are immune and none of us are perfect.

Exactly. Until I see something in writing blaming SWA I'm not going to rush to judgement. The crew did a great job, kudos to them. I've put my family on SWA for many years and will continue to do so, they are a great airline.

A friend of mine owns a heavy repair station and he's told me that the 737 skin is not as thick as was the 727 (in addition to the bonding issues). Apparently this was done in an effort to save weight. I'm not a mechanic and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so take it for what its worth

newest in on reason newspeople "report the darndest thing":

When asking about the more frequent cycles on SWA 73's, NBC just called SWA's type of flying as "shorthaul, commuter" flying.

nice

'Southwest's jet was 15 years old and had logged 39,000 pressurization cycles, a measurement of the number of takeoffs and landings. That's 7.2 cycles every day for every year it has been in service."

Looks like the dynamics of the Airtran/swa merger have changed. Since sw has over 75 of the older/wornout 300s the NGs/717s are going to be much more important to the merged airline. Advantage Airtran. If this makes it to arbitration this will be used, guaranteed. The junior swa pilots better hope that their merger comm. gets more rational and recognizes that a negotiated list is best.

Looks like the dynamics of the Airtran/swa merger have changed. Since sw has over 75 of the older/wornout 300s the NGs/717s are going to be much more important to the merged airline. Advantage Airtran. If this makes it to arbitration this will be used, guaranteed. The junior swa pilots better hope that their merger comm. gets more rational and recognizes that a negotiated list is best.

Looks like the FAA is issuing an inspection process that will be followed until the A/C are retired by some of the 200 A/C we already have on order.

The arbitrator won't have an issue to use.

Gup

Latest resources

Back