• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Makes emergency landing in Yuma AZ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"It's a Boeing Problem...." That's rich!

OBTW, the Jackhole above who posted Accident data? Could you research and find me how many times an explosive hole has appeared in a Delta 737? We have been flying them before you Herb Turds were a Wild Turkey stain on his business plan bar napkin.....

What's that? Never? Thought so.....

Show me!...B737-200's y'all acquired from Western Airlines??? Y'all been flying them before we Herb Turds were a Wild Turkey stain on his business plan bar napkin?...??? Show me...

To all you Southwest haters...... Enjoy, your time now. Go back to watching FoxNews....U all make me sick.

Hope this makes it official and you never consider a career here at Southwest Airlines, cus we don't want you. Oh' whats that, you don't want to work here? - You don't like maing money, you think your contract is better then ours $$ right.

Good, stay where you are

So was a different crack repaired on the airplane or the same crack that came apart? Or, are you saying the news is wrong that this airplane was previously repaired for a crack.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=8050448

I'm saying that that airplane was one of the ones that has never been reskinned. AFAIK, if there was a repair, it was somewhere else on the airplane, and not where it ruptured.

Oh, and the news is USUALLY wrong about anything related to aviation..........

Are you a 121 pilot?

And our reskins are done in Greensboro AFAIK.

Last edited:
thats what you get for outsourcing your heavy mx to 3rd world countries.

Costa Rica my friend, is no 3rd World country. It is a nice FAA repair facility in which you find U.S carriers as well as European carriers doing maintenance. Maintenance facilities are all over the world and usually belong to one of the 15 companies that do it... all FAA and JAA certified. Why do we send planes there? Sometimes is the price, but most of the times is the "slot". Stop bashing central america or any other country when in fact they are all FAA approved facilities no matter where they are at. And yes, you find a Boeing/Airbus inspector on site in each one as well as leasing companies and airlines reps. that oversee the mx done.
This couldve happened out of Gainsville,FL as well as Latacunga, Ecuador. (Both have heavy mx services...)

SWA airplanes have lot's of sheetmetal repairs, and most of the repairs are very poorly done. Boeing problem? They didn't build like that and they wouldn't repair them that way either. No one reputable would....

I would love to see any facts backing up your statement. Do you have a link, phone number, hell I'll pay for postage if you want to mail it.

But I'm guessing no....

SWA airplanes have lot's of sheetmetal repairs, and most of the repairs are very poorly done. Boeing problem? They didn't build like that and they wouldn't repair them that way either. No one reputable would....

Typical.

Not accurate, but exactly what we've all come to expect from you.

"It's a Boeing Problem...." That's rich!

OBTW, the Jackhole above who posted Accident data? Could you research and find me how many times an explosive hole has appeared in a Delta 737? We have been flying them before you Herb Turds were a Wild Turkey stain on his business plan bar napkin.....

What's that? Never? Thought so.....

So funny that 12 hours ago you were asking for someone to point out your hostile anti swa posts ...

Jackwagon

Classy. The preflight of the Aloha airplane was IN DARKNESS and the crack was in the upper surface of the fuselage. The NTSB/FAA stated it was not reasonable to expect an exterior preflight would find it and they could never verify a passenger's comment after the accident that they saw a crack, for all they know it was bird doo-doo and they are making it what they want to believe it was. Way to slander a crew that flew an airplane to a safe landing with half the roof gone.

Well said. There is not an ounce of truth in Beetle007's post.

Geez guys, you guys making this a SWA problem have your heads up your rear. It could happen to anyone. It did to Aloha, AMR has a huge maint facility in Tulsa and look at some of what has happened from there (hint MD 80, DC-10) DAL certainly had their fair share of issues in the 90's. The list goes on and on. We all live in glass houses and finger pointing is just going to set you up to eat crow.

Latest resources

Back