SWA Makes emergency landing in Yuma AZ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is a Boeing problem.

My wife has a free ticket on SWA and refuses to fly on them. In the past she would call reservations and make sure it wasn't a 737-300. Now she says it is just not worth the hassle and will only fly on other airlines. I am sure a lot of informed passengers will make similar decisions.

It sounds like Southwest might not be doing a proper job maintaining these airplanes. "Federal records show cracks in the airframe were found and repaired a year ago, according to the Associated Press." http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2011/0...ancels-300-flights-begins-inspecting-aircraft

How long until the 737-700s and 737-800s start showing their improper design issues. Maybe never...maybe soon.

Last edited:
It sounds like Southwest might not be doing a proper job maintaining these airplanes. "Federal records show cracks in the airframe were found and repaired a year ago, according to the Associated Press." http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2011/04...cting-aircraft

Hey retard, if SWA wasn't doing a proper job they wouldn't have found the cracks. The problem is not a SWA induced problem it is a Boeing and FAA issue that SWA is having to deal with. I bet your 152 has cracks if you knew how to find them.

Hey retard, if SWA wasn't doing a proper job they wouldn't have found the cracks. The problem is not a SWA induced problem it is a Boeing and FAA issue that SWA is having to deal with. I bet your 152 has cracks if you knew how to find them.

ra·tion·al·ize

   http://app.dictionary.com/signup/po...lbackAction=addToFav&domaindest=reference.com/ˈræʃ
thinsp.png
ə
thinsp.png
nlˌaɪz,
ˈræʃ
thinsp.png
nlˌaɪz
/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
–verb (used with object) 1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

2. to remove unreasonable elements from.

3. to make rational or conformable to reason.

4. to treat or explain in a rational or rationalistic manner.

5. Mathematics . to eliminate radicals from (an equation or expression): to rationalize the denominator of a fraction.

6. Chiefly British . to reorganize and integrate (an industry).

–verb (used without object) 7. to invent plausible explanations for acts, opinions, etc., that are actually based on other causes: He tried to prove that he was not at fault, but he was obviously rationalizing.

8. to employ reason; think in a rational or rationalistic manner.

Use rationalization in a Sentence

See images of rationalization

Search rationalization on the Web

Also, especially British , ra·tion·al·ise .

So, what exactly was beetle 07 trying to rationalize? His hatred for SW?

I have nothing against SW. I have something against the operation of unsafe airplanes.

Boeing aircraft have had uncommanded flight control inputs resulting in several crashes, they have had uncommanded thrust reduction to idle resulting in a 777 crash and several close calls, and they have had numerous structural failures of their fuselage in very recent history.

The FAA, airlines, and pilots need to step up their game when operating these Boeing aircraft. I only mentioned pilots because it was the Aloha first officer who missed the crack on their 737 when even a passenger noticed it during boarding and resulted in the death of a flight attendant.

Latest resources

Back