• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"SWA Life" log-on

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm a SWA Poolie expecting to start training in April. This may seem like a silly question, but when do we get our SWA ID & password to log onto SWA Life?....once training starts?

I've seen alot of references to domicile websites where you can download material and such for study. Just wondering how soon I'll be able to do so.

I think you get the SWALife brief on day 1....ID on day 2....WElcome aboard !!!

You should get a "F/O Starter Kit" or "New Hire Starter Kit" ( I forget what they call it) about 2 weeks before your start date...nice to know information to get you started.

Tejas

Daddy is chopping your legs out from under you. If you have the mins you are qualified to be hired. I can't say it any simpler than that.

Gup

I second that. No type and a few hours over 1500 TPIC for myself. I'm not sure about others in my class without asking, but I pretty sure a few that didn't have the type were also in the 1500-2000 TPIC range. The things I believe are important are updating on a consistant and constant basis (they can't see how often you update, but they can see the date of the last time) and making sure you application is as complete as you can make it. Put as much detail as you can and review every section to make sure you didn't miss anything and that it is accurate (dates don't overlap etc). Other than that it is just a matter of time.

You should get a "F/O Starter Kit" or "New Hire Starter Kit" ( I forget what they call it) about 2 weeks before your start date...nice to know information to get you started.
Tejas

K3,
When I got the starter kit they sent me it had a CD in the back of one of the folders that went through all of the systems power point style with a narrator...it also had MPEG style movies on it that demonstrated normal cockpit procedures from A-Z (Before start originating-Parking Checklists)...Basically a whole flight.

The folder was filled with limitations and other useful information.

The MOST important thing you can learn before coming to class is your flows. They send you two half posterboard size cards (front and back) with the flows on them. Learn those and you will have plenty of time at night to knock back a few with your new co-workers.

Relax...enjoy class....don't fret too much before you get here...oh yeah...don't be that guy that asks a question 2 minutes before the lunch break.

Welcome aboard...we are glad you are here.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back