Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

k3mbbc

Hooked on SWA
I'm a SWA Poolie expecting to start training in April. This may seem like a silly question, but when do we get our SWA ID & password to log onto SWA Life?....once training starts?

I've seen alot of references to domicile websites where you can download material and such for study. Just wondering how soon I'll be able to do so.

I'm a SWA Poolie expecting to start training in April. This may seem like a silly question, but when do we get our SWA ID & password to log onto SWA Life?....once training starts?

I've seen alot of references to domicile websites where you can download material and such for study. Just wondering how soon I'll be able to do so.

You'll receive your ID and access to the website on the day you start training. Until that date you're not an employee. Only employees have access to SWALife...congrats on getting the call and thanks for coming to SWA!

They should be sending you study materials before class. Congrats!!!

Quick question for the Southwest pilots. I am interested in pursuing a career with SWA. I have just under 5000TT with almost 1350 PIC Turbine/checkairman on BE1900D. What are the chances of getting hired with this flight time and considering I have no jet time, does this limit my opportunity. The only thing I do have in my favor is that I dedicated over 15 years to the hospitality profession. I appreciate any information from current Southwest Pilots.

BE1900 Driver

Maybe a little more PIC, the type would help A LOT, but you are getting close...PIC turbine is what they look for...plenty of guys here with no prior jet time...hang in there!

I have ~1100 turb PIC and will be adding the 737 type soon.

Anybody have any luck getting a call at 1300hrs or is it typically much more than that?

Daddy is chopping your legs out from under you. If you have the mins you are qualified to be hired. I can't say it any simpler than that.

Gup

Daddy is chopping your legs out from under you. If you have the mins you are qualified to be hired. I can't say it any simpler than that.

Gup

Thanks man,
I'm just countin' down the days until I reach 1300....should be within 2-3 months.
Just tryin' to piece together an estimate on how long I'll have to wait for the interview email (have 737 type).

FCN

I think if you get 1300 PIC you and get an interview you have as good a chance as anyone else. Get the type. I have several friends that went and got it and recieved a call within a couple weeks. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back