• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
canyonblue said:
Lowecur's **** continues slump

He may get some action in April.................2009:puke:
Am I in a slump?:blush: SWA has made a nice recovery on their LF's this last Q. This has been due to winning more head to head battles with AWA out West (probably due to lower fares). AWA's LF's have trended downward this Q.

The question that will be asked by the end of 2006 by myself and other industry experts:rolleyes: , is can the SWA business model continue viability as the connecting dots fade and the capacity shrinkage levels off. While SWA bought add'l hedges, the previous costs kept the average down. These new hedges were bought at a higher premium and when it comes time to sell them in 2006 it just may be a wash or a loss if oil continues it's retreat back to $50 a barrel by late Spring and $40 a barrel by the end of 2006(my prediction).

Since Section 6 has been put off, I'm still looking for a big kickback from SWAPA to help the bottom line. My guess is they will give nothing and work without a contract for a few years just like the FA's, to show Gary and Herb that revenue is heading upwards. It's my opinion the vise will tighten as the legacy's begin to reassert themselves in many SWA markets by 2007. Or is that 2009???

I'm still looking for that order.
:beer:

swaflyguy said:
Actually SWA's BELF has DECREASED to 56-59%.
Here's the BELF for the 3rd Q - ACTUAL.

BELF=CASM/RPM

7.85/11.68= 67.2%

So it sounds to me like those numbers are bogus. Now maybe somebody can set me straight.

:pimp: :D :laugh:

military guys cant fly airplanes

lowecur said:
Am I in a slump?:blush: SWA has made a nice recovery on their LF's this last Q. This has been due to winning more head to head battles with AWA out West (probably due to lower fares). AWA's LF's have trended downward this Q.

The question that will be asked by the end of 2006 by myself and other industry experts:rolleyes: , is can the SWA business model continue viability as the connecting dots fade and the capacity shrinkage levels off. While SWA bought add'l hedges, the previous costs kept the average down. These new hedges were bought at a higher premium and when it comes time to sell them in 2006 it just may be a wash or a loss if oil continues it's retreat back to $50 a barrel by late Spring and $40 a barrel by the end of 2006(my prediction).

Since Section 6 has been put off, I'm still looking for a big kickback from SWAPA to help the bottom line. My guess is they will give nothing and work without a contract for a few years just like the FA's, to show Gary and Herb that revenue is heading upwards. It's my opinion the vise will tighten as the legacy's begin to reassert themselves in many SWA markets by 2007. Or is that 2009???

I'm still looking for that order.
:beer:

Lowecur,

Disregard my previous statement here. I was temporarily insane.

Last edited:
Traderd said:
But we can dam$ sure fly helicopters!

I donno man, I'm not sure helicopters can fly. Maybe it was just a bad dream ....

To whomever is baggin' on PilotYIP about college, I'm almost certain that he has a Master's degree. In what, I don't know. Can I verify it? No. But, I'm almost certain that has made the rumor mill around here before.

jimEJet said:
BEING JUST A PUP AT SWA I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE WITH YOU.

IT IS VERY DISCERNING BEING....

JIMEJET

You're a pup at typing too! ALL CAPS IS HARD FOR THE EYE TO DISCERN. Reading comprehension is lowered when you have more than one sentence in ALL CAPS. If you want anyone to read your post, put it in normal text!!!!

Mugs said:
Did it ever occur to you that you devote far too many posts to promoting your skills despite not having a degree? Get over it or get a degree. We all believe that you and others like you are perfectly capable and competent. Your obsession over trying to convince everybody in post after post has gone far overboard.

If memory serves, pilotyip is USNavy trained, college degree'd pilot. He doesn't say that one doesn't need a degree, only that one doesn't need a degree to succeed as a pilot.

enigma

Latest resources

Back