• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA letters to

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And I am blown away by the fact that a NWA pilot would even bring up a topic of safety and flying in the same sentence. You guys flew even though you had SCAB mechanics working on your planes. Let's also not forget about the soap in the hydraulic system awhile back. Landing at the Military Base was also a fine display of superior airmanship. The list goes on chud, but I'll end it here.

Bitter Resentment KILLS

Folks... The Prussian hit it on the head. We, who are in the Airline world, live in an environment that continually barbs us with feeling Powerless and Inadequate. I honestly feel sorry for the guy who started this thread. He must be feeling all these things and has chosen the path of anger and resentment. It is very simple, when you feel destructive emotions like anger, resentment, guilt, anxiety or shame, you have 3 things you can do... 1. Attack, 2. Withdraw or 3. Approach.
Now, it is your God given right to Attack and "devalue" Southwest Airlines or devalue Military trained vs all civilian trained. Sure, it will give you a false sense of Power to numb your deep pain by attacking and being burned out with resentment; but you will feel like crap in the long run.
The complete lack of a balanced approach to the "safety culture" at Southwest is proof of the seething resentment evident in the Posters mind. All I can say is that no matter how you rant on flight info, you are not going to "bring down" Southwest or any other airline. All you are going to do is temporarily numb your pain of feeling inadequate. Unfortunately, your resentment will ALWAYS end up winding its way back to the ones you love the most. So...continue to flame away and the only person you hurt is yourself and your loved ones.
Every time one of you post something derogatory or in an "attacking" manner you lose a little bit of your humanity. Bit by bit. The choice is yours. You can "feel" powerful by saying something sarcastic, defensive or demeaning... but in the end...after the Beer and anger has worn off, you will feel even more powerless than before.
So.. go ahead and flame away! Every time you do it you just prove my point. Every time you attack and de-value, you just show the world how hurt you are.
We live in a very bad economic environment that has caused great stress and pain on ALL of us. We are ALL feeling powerless and inadequate right now. The best thing you could do to make your self feel better is to value yourself more right now instead of tearing somebody else down. Go figure out what you like most in life. Go do some charity work. Go volunteer in the community. Go do something nice for your wife. Go appreciate something in nature. Do something nice for yourself.
Do that and I guarantee that your resentment and anger will disappear and you will feel great! You will realize that Southwest or any other airline is not "out to get you". You will realize that your anger has "oversimplified" the problems at Southwest.
Or... just continue to be angry and resentful. Just continue to ignore your deep pain. Just continue to "flame" and respond with some sarcastic, "justified" response. In the end the only person you are hurting is yourself.
The road to psychological ruin begins with BLAME!

Last edited:
Once upon a time, not so long ago...

Tommy used to work on the docks...

I find that I can shave minutes off every day if I taxi well beyond the limits of our FAA approved FOM and ignore FAA controller instructions. It's worth it to me because I know the company would go to the mat to back a wild cowboy like me.

As an added bonus I find that flying right on the edge of Mach buffet and with the clacker going off not only makes me look cool to my passengers but ATC thinks I'm cool when I talk on the radio with said clacker in the background.

I'm a cowboy - on a REAL horse I ride. I'm wanted.... waaaanted.... dead or alive.

Gup

Gup, I'd be honored to be your FO anytime! Fly Safe; and FAST!

Latest resources

Back