SWA lands at wrong Branson Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't- the rumor here is she took control below 100'-

How do you know why she didn't want to go around?

I don't know, if I think I have to take an airplane at a 100 ft. at a special airport, I'm going around, unless of course I don't think the airplane will fly for some reason. It's pretty cool in an automated airplane even with the autopilot off. Push the TOGA buttons and follow the flight director. I'm sure it's much more difficult in your 700's and aiming for the concrete may have been the safest option :) .

Can you really not see it, Waveflyer? It's pretty obvious, from a crew landing long and fast instead of going around in Burbank, to a CA wrecking one in LGA because she wouldn't take a few extra minutes to go around, to this latest incident of a crew landing at the wrong airport because they couldn't be bothered to slow down a little and use all their electronic aids to verify the airport.

You do realize that in the span from Burbank to LaGuardia that this same "rushing" airline conducted more than 15 million (yes, that's a 15 and six zeros) uneventful flights, don't you?

And if it can happen to all of them, it can happen to any of us unless we make some changes.

And yet, here you are still defending the status quo that keeps setting these crews up.
If you think there have been basically no changes to how this airline operates since Burbank...well...you're just showing your ignorance.

I don't know, if I think I have to take an airplane at a 100 ft. at a special airport, I'm going around, unless of course I don't think the airplane will fly for some reason. It's pretty cool in an automated airplane even with the autopilot off. Push the TOGA buttons and follow the flight director. I'm sure it's much more difficult in your 700's and aiming for the concrete may have been the safest option :) .

And you're saying this thinking there's even one other SWA pilot who disagrees with you?

Awesome Thread. It's CRM at at it's finest. Substitute Nindiri as the FO, Wave and Bubba as the captain and reread all the posts. Nindiri (to his credit) asserts himself but is assaulted and beaten down. Classic CRM

This thread alone should raise concerns

Brilliant-
Because yes, bubba and I are captains of FI with all duly afforded authority that all internet trolls are assigned

That...or ndiri doesn't have an actual argument or he would state it and we'd debate it as equals- talk about it.
I don't, in actuality, have any problem expressing concerns about SWA ops-
He's just missing the mark and won't explain further-
He's flaming with purposeful vagueness. He's trying to be annoying and I would be if I cared and weren't a troll who's tried to annoy an FI member or 10 myself
-
If he has an actual concern-

post it-

as it is, he doesn't know his head from his ass on the subject and anyone on FI should have thick enough skin to handle that

Latest resources

Back