• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA lands at wrong Branson Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, who can argue with that? I mean, clearly, insulting other people is the best way of preventing accidents.

Either ATFQ's or STFU you dumb geek

(Was that better?

I didn't feel any actual animosity when I wrote it, so you shouldn't be insulted- )

<shrugs>

Whatever. Bubba and you are obviously angry and defensive. Nothing I can do about that, anyway.

"Please let me know how landing at the wrong airport is related to LGA where a captain basically lost her mind took over an airplane at 100' and crashed?"

I'm not angry at all- just wonder why you're ducking the questions?
Let me learn from you

Can you really not see it, Waveflyer? It's pretty obvious, from a crew landing long and fast instead of going around in Burbank, to a CA wrecking one in LGA because she wouldn't take a few extra minutes to go around, to this latest incident of a crew landing at the wrong airport because they couldn't be bothered to slow down a little and use all their electronic aids to verify the airport. And if it can happen to all of them, it can happen to any of us unless we make some changes.

And yet, here you are still defending the status quo that keeps setting these crews up.

Okay, so according to Bubba and Wave, only 3 out of 4 of those incidents could have been avoided by slowing down, using all available resources, and or going around. MDW was the asphalt.

BTW Wave, how do you know at what altitude she took over in LGA?

You're saying we have a systemic culture of rushing?

And if I disagree then I'm burying my head in the sand?

I don't- the rumor here is she took control below 100'-

How do you know why she didn't want to go around?

Latest resources

Back