• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Kelly - "no plans to grow this year"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unless the pay to fly to Hawaii is higher than the pay to fly anywhere else who cares if SW ever goes there. I mean really, does it matter?

I really look forward to going back to Hawaii. I always enjoyed my Hawaii layovers back at my corporate gig. Some people like seeing tropical places.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Are new hires and recurrent classes getting signed off on waters training? Does it look like things are on track from the Southwest side as originally planned?

The only thing you need to know for what are doing on the Airtran Intl. side is don't speak in Spanish on the radio unless you speak Spanish.

The only thing you need to know for what are doing on the Airtran Intl. side is don't speak in Spanish on the radio unless you speak Spanish.

So, contacting Havana Center and saying " Buenos Diazzz, Fajita nacho libre taco 410" isn't cool ?

Yup... no growth... all those AirTran planes and cities and extra gates we'll have this year will be absolutely no growth for SWA. Nothing to see here... Let the Droids pass...

I think mx and SOC have more to do to get ready for ETOPS than the pilots..

Just to reiterate, this is factually correct. And if you need to cut costs, perhaps its best to put a project like Hawaii on the back burner for now.

BTW, this post CANNOT be misconstrued as anti-SWA so it doesn't need to be deleted.

Just to reiterate, this is factually correct. And if you need to cut costs, perhaps its best to put a project like Hawaii on the back burner for now.

BTW, this post CANNOT be misconstrued as anti-SWA so it doesn't need to be deleted.

Sounds like someones airline is getting scared ... :)

Now what to do if SWA goes to Anchorage also. :)

Sounds like someones airline is getting scared ... :)

Now what to do if SWA goes to Anchorage also. :)

Your flame bait is quite dull.
You might want to extract some of that energy and study for recurrent, or maybe getting a date.

Just an observation.

As per Bob Jordan, 13 AAI 737's are going to be converted this year, as per R. Mccrady, 168 AAI pilots are transitioning this year, as Per Mr K and SWAPA, 33 -800 deliveries this year and 40 -300 retirements, as per Mr K, adding a row (six seats) to all -700's...also keeping 22 AAI cites...adding service to MEX and ATL...so...are we growing??

I guess it depends if you look at the equation as the sum of two parts or one side growing while the other side shrinks. There is some pilot growth as SWA is conducting new hire classes. Our 737's are gonna take some effort to convert. They will be out of pocket for I believe 2 months once the process starts. We have 54 737s they say 32 will be international birds for a while? I'm not even sure I know what that means. Other than they will be the last to get converted. Or will they be converted at all? If those are all leased planes versus the ones we bought. Maybe it would be chepaer to break those leases vice converting them, and time that with the new aircraft orders. Dunno.

Latest resources

Back