• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Kelly - "no plans to grow this year"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There's always a niche... Southwest has proven that, time and time again.

Time will tell. You fly safe out there now... :beer:

Soooo, people will connect in LA all the way from ANC on SWA to go to Hawaii and the Caribbean? Really? Yeah, sounds like you might be off base. No offense. Most in ANC would fly nonstop from ANC to HNL and OGG on Alaska Airlines. Remember, your two biggest competitors on the Hawaii and Alaska routes actually have those States in their names. They have home field advantage, and set the fares and standards for everyone to those places. The rest just fly frequent fliers to those places pretty much. Good luck.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

If the price is right people will fly 3 or 4 legs to get to where they want to go. Especially if its the same plane. It's their business model. It works. I didn't get it either at first. But now that I commute weekly on SWA I have a greater appreciation for their approach to moving peeps across the country.

If the price is right people will fly 3 or 4 legs to get to where they want to go. Especially if its the same plane. It's their business model. It works. I didn't get it either at first. But now that I commute weekly on SWA I have a greater appreciation for their approach to moving peeps across the country.

PM'd you.

My personal bet all along has been that TPA likely doesn't emerge as a large 717 base, only a small base, and quite a few 717's are moved to LAX in 2014.

Damn your eyes Lear ...... Silence ! I'll not have any of that talk ruining my breakfast. I just soiled my pajamas.

Serious threat to Alaska? Right. That's why y'all aren't serving GEG-SEA and BOI-SEA anymore. Lots of people have tried to crack the Alaska-Outside market with little success EXCEPT for seasonal summer service. Too much passenger loyalty to the FF program.

But, hey, bring it on.

Latest resources

Back