• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA June DB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As of Monday calls are still going out. A good friend just got the thumbs up. He had the type, all civilian background and lots of jet time for those of you keeping score. Good luck to those still waiting to hear.

my wife just got the call,regional captain,beaucoup jet pic,no type, 1st attempt, i am so very proud of her.

Got the call this morning! Woooohooooo! It's my second time around, so it's been about a 2 year process for me to get this call. Congrats to those who have been hired and good luck to those still waiting. If you get the dreaded letter, as I did, and SWA is really where you want to be - then keep after it! Here's a quick anecdote that I found very inspiring:

He failed in business in '31. He was defeated for state legislator in '32.He tried another business in '33. It failed. His fiancee died in '35. He had a nervous breakdown in '36. In '43 he ran for congress and was defeated. He tried again in '48 and was defeated again. He tried running for the Senate in '55. He lost.The next year he ran for Vice President and lost. In '59 he ran for the Senate again and was defeated. In 1860, the man who signed his name A. Lincoln, was elected the 16th President of the United States. The difference between history's boldest accomplishments and its most staggering failures is often, simply, the diligent will to persevere.

Congrats to everyone who got the call! Did any of you happen to attend one of the open houses? Does anyone here know if attending an open house with a resume in hand improves one's chances of getting an interview? Opinions? Again, congrats everyone!

Nope...they don't take resumes...everything is 100% electronic.

I continually update my stuff online every couple of weeks but they said to bring a resume along to the open house. I guess what I should have asked was, did anyone here who got called for an interview attend an open house? And if you attended an open house, did they accept resumes from anyone? Thanks.

Latest resources

Back