Swa June Db

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
khsgt said:
OH.....its going to be a long weekend....

You sure you were on this board? I mean, May 25 for a June 6 board seems like a quick turnaround, especially considering how many guys and gals they're interviewing these days...

I'm not sure and that thought has crossed my mind...

I interviewed in early May and didn't get in to the May 15th (16th?) decision board. I was in the June 6th however - the best advice I got was from my friend who told me until I got a letter there is no point in worrying - even if my ref's weren't called....

There may be a hang up or delay in processing your background check. I'm with the other guy who said don't beat yourself up until the postman comes.

Gup

Hi guys;
First congrats to all of you who have been called so far. For those still waiting I am sure that good news is on the way!! I am heading to Dallas to interview next week and have a question. I am compelled to check the box stating that it is "NOT" okay to contact my current employer concerning background checks. Has anyone else been in this situation and if yes how did SWA conduct the check? My reason is that I am the ACP of my company and if the upper management became aware that I was interviewing elsewhere I would probably lose my ACP position. It is worth about 18K a year in override pay and I would prefer not to risk it unless a job with SWA was secure. If I had a conditional offer of employment first then I would I would say "go ahead". I have nothing in my background to hide I just don't want to look like I do!

Thanks in advance and good luck again guys.

Helmsmen

One guy from May 18th reported getting a letter today. Still no news here.

They will talk with you at the interview about that. They are very upfront with that type of situation and will have no problem with you putting a check in the do not call box.

May 25th guys did go to the 6 Jun board. Four from our interview group have been offered the pool.

Ditto what Scratcher said. They told us all what they really want are good contacts who you've flown with, and good phone numbers. I seriously doubt that putting do not call is a negative. They said it isn't, and these aren't the type of people who mislead, they don't need to and wouldn't anyway. No games there, take your coat off, drink the water, etc. for the interview.

Scratcher, nice avatar. Our German students in P-Cola have it shipped down from their embassy quarterly and we get some occasionally as checkride gifts. Best wheat I've ever had.

Im not sure if this helps or not, but I interviewed on May 25th, and apparently made the June 6th board. Doesnt mean that everyone did i guess.

Good luck to everyone :)

Does anyone know if you are getting good news, does it come from the ACP at the base closest to where you call home or any of the ACP's?

Latest resources

Back