• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA is in position to dominate ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know the reasons why we bought AirTran, but personally, flying into ATL is not something I want to do on a regular basis. Laugh all you want about LUB and HRL, but they sure are easy to get in and out of. I make the same no matter what. I'll take the easy airports. You young studs can have ATL and EWR and LGA.

...flying into ATL is not something I want to do on a regular basis. I'll take the easy airports. You young studs can have ATL and EWR and LGA.

I've never understood what the big deal with ATL is, in regards to difficulty. It's one of the absolute easiest large airports to operate out of. The amount of jets launched off 2-3 runways in a ten minute period is quite a feat. Unless there's training t-storms over the field, it's overall a cakewalk. Even if you're number 10 in line you're talking 10-12 minutes max of wait time. Arrivals are equally as efficient. Even with summertime pop-ups in the area, the speed at which arrivals are processed is pretty amazing. It amazes me anyway, but I'm pretty easily amazed.

I've never understood what the big deal with ATL is, in regards to difficulty. It's one of the absolute easiest large airports to operate out of. The amount of jets launched off 2-3 runways in a ten minute period is quite a feat. Unless there's training t-storms over the field, it's overall a cakewalk. Even if you're number 10 in line you're talking 10-12 minutes max of wait time. Arrivals are equally as efficient. Even with summertime pop-ups in the area, the speed at which arrivals are processed is pretty amazing. It amazes me anyway, but I'm pretty easily amazed.
I must agree Atlanta is probably the most efficiently run airports in the world. Almost always I'm number 7 in line to the runway and we are wheels up after 11-14 mins on the ground. And if it does go over that very rarely does it take longer than 20 - perhaps 2 or 3 times a year from what I have seen.

Biggest problem with The A T L is the claustrophobia enducing terminals. Given the size of the backsides in the South, it's too bad they weren't built as doublewides back in the day

I wish the controllers in LAS could take some lessons from LAX or ATL on how to keep depatures going. "Line up and wait on 25R expect a 2 min delay for a 182 landing on 19R." Grrrrrrr

Biggest problem with The A T L is the claustrophobia enducing terminals. Given the size of the backsides in the South, it's too bad they weren't built as doublewides back in the day

Yeah, "D" Concourse is the worst. It's not just the plodding, overfed masses in their skintight pants and sleeveless T-shirts, it's the absolute stupidity of coming to a dead stop for no apparent reason.

I think they should paint stripes on the floor and give it a NASCAR theme. People will understand that.

"You fixin' to make a pit stop to check your cameltoe, girl? You'd best pull over into the pits, 'fore somebody done runs their buggy all up in there". :laugh:

Last edited:

Lol!

That and the ridiculous amount of aircraft on ramps 3 and 4.

Latest resources

Back