• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Checkairman this week told me 400 new hires and that the company was expecting to hit the 15%ROIC mark. Also working on getting anywhere from 40 to 60 used 737-700 from Ryanair. We are going to give Ryanair our 800 orders. This is to fill the gap until the Max comes out. Like everything else Ill believe it when I see it. At least its positive news.

Obadie
Not only see it when you believe it, but those jets where supposed to be used to fill in the 717 and old 300 departures, NOT be used to grow.

For what it's worth, 5500 applications during this window. Interviews started Oct.15th, Class was Dec.15th (I think). All this was posted in crew room last week by CP.

KBB

Westjet planes coming

I read in a previous thread that SWA was buying WestJet planes,

WestJet operates a modern fleet comprised of jet and turboprop aircrafts. WestJet's fleet includes the Boeing Next-Generation 737-600, 737-700 and 737-800.
This is from WestJet's web page
WestJet has an option to convert any of these 737-700 Next Generation future commitments to 737-800 Next Generation aircraft.
(b) WestJet also has options to purchase an additional 10 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft between the years 2020 and 2021.
(c) Sale of 10 Boeing 737-700 aircraft to Southwest Airlines as announced on May 7, 2013.
(d) WestJet expects to renew one of the three lease renewal options on its Boeing 737 aircraft set to expire in 2014.

Old news. Already announced.

10 Westjet
2 Air Berlin (Already Online)
5 Alaska (Not Official, but likely).

That's it so far.

Personally talked with an interviewer, they are interviewing 300 plus to hire only 200, rumors of more are just that, rumors.

I know, The interview team is only processing enough to hire 200, anything more is rubbish. As much as I thank our CP's, they are the companies lead chearleaders and parrot what they want us to hear. Did he guarantee 300? No. I can guarantee 200 this cycle. That, and $4.75 will get you a Venti Iced Mocha.

It's 200 with 2 classes in Dec. as of now....... who knows later. About 140 interviewed in each month of Oct and Nov give or take. It was around 5000 apps during the window not 5500. Don't believe your CP!

I know, The interview team is only processing enough to hire 200, anything more is rubbish. As much as I thank our CP's, they are the companies lead chearleaders and parrot what they want us to hear. Did he guarantee 300? No. I can guarantee 200 this cycle. That, and $4.75 will get you a Venti Iced Mocha.

Dude...

Venti my a$$. That'll barely get you a TALL iced mocha at the LAS Starbucks. They recently raised their prices almost a buck a drink across the board. Venti frappuccinoes go for over $6 now.

Bubba

Latest resources

Back