SWA INTERVIEW MARCH 8TH!!! YIPPIE!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sweet!!!
Let the good times ROLL! I'll be there for recurrent I can't wait to see all of those blue suits and pretty ties!

Good luck guys!

You applied when????

Bluto,

Your post implies that you didn't reapply on the new electronic website application. Is that correct? I was at the last AirInc seminar and the Southwest folks said that all the old apps had been completely purged. Supposedly nothing kept including letters of rec.

Thanks and good luck,

Catfish

New App/Old App

I was busily typing away on the online app at midnight on the 12th of January. I was sent a letter from SWA telling me when to submit and that my original application date was 7 Dec 2002. I'm not sure what they did with the original, but the date of the original was weighed into the mix.

Last edited:
Re: New App/Old App

thebluto said:
I'm not sure what they did with the original, but the date of the original was weighed into the mix.

What makes you say that your original application date had anything to do with your call? I am curious. I thought we had come to the conclusion that it would be a competitive screen without regard to the original application date. If the original date is a factor hopefully my Jan 2002 application will pop up soon.

Again congrats,

Chaz

Trojan

Both guys applied in Feb/Mar '02 timeframe...I'm not sure of exact dates. Sorry, I know it's not much information-I hope it helps.

Date weighs in a little

I went to a conference in San Antonio with HPA and SWA last fall. The word put out there and by LL on an earlier visit I made to the PD in Dallas was to be competitive, you must:

1. Have a type rating.
2. Be current.
3. Be upgrading in your current position.

All things being equal with the above qualifications, the tie breaker between two "dead heat" applications would be having an app in before the 1 Apr 2003 deadline.

There are a lot of things that go into the interview selection process.

I think many more will start hearing the phone ringing soon.

Qualifications

Bluto,

Would you mind posting your hours and other relevant quals as they appear on the SWA application. I think that would give others a slightly better idea where they stand. And maybe others could do the same as they called invited to interview.

Thanks

Interview Forms

Bluto,

Also, is SWA sending you more info to fill out like they have for past interviewees. In the past they had interviewees fill out a more detailed hours form and several other forms. I was wondering if they were going to do the same thing this time around.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back