• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA interview calls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speaking of the commode, is it true about the flight violation thing, Bean? (not you, I hope, CommodeAir)

No call yet either. Got the Higher Power type in Nov 2003 and I have more time and titles then my profile says. I have friends and relatives on the inside and still no call. Who knows what flavor of pilot the Southwest computer is looking for this month. I still can't believe that there are people getting calls who do not have the type.

Arigato to you

Bobby B, Yep, it's true (got more inside info). Bean, they weren't collecting resumes when I got my type there. Doing the online app this weekend, any advice for not screwing it up?

I am kicking around the idea of going to HP for the 737 type rating. I recently spoke to a friend (USAir furlough) and he has not heard anything from SWA after attending HP several months ago. with about 10k hours the only thing he does not have is a 4 year degree. Just wondering from those people who have and have not heard from SWA after attending HP. Do you have 4 year degrees. As for myself, I have a 4 year degree 5000 total time and a couple thousand jet pic in citations. (all 91, never flown 121 or military) Should I spend the money and get the 737 type rating? Thank you to anyone who responds.

W K, if a T-34 brother took my spot I'd wish him luck.

D L D, thanks for the info, keep the faith.

S B D, hit me up with specifics Q's if you got em.

Bob, concur.

Bean

Hang in there guys SWA is going to be needing a lot of pilots. The word from a Domicle Chief Pilot is that by Dec 2008 (yes 4 years) SWA will have hired 2700 pilots, 700 for retirements and 2000 for expansion. The plan is to add 197 aircraft by DEC 2008 so that SWA by then will have over 600 aircraft.

Yes folks without 4 years degrees are being interviewed by Southwest & have been since they started interviewing earlier this year. I don't know if any of the new hires this year only have a HS degree but I would assume so. We have in the past & will in the future. The % of applicants without 4 yr degrees is rather small but I don't have any idea what the selection rate is for this group or actually any group, sorry. Hang in there & prepare for the interview. Be prepared to explain why the 4 yr degree wasn't pursued or didn't fit into one's career plans. That is wise in my opinion. Good luck,

Latest resources

Back