• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

SWA in SMF 12/23 - Kid in uniform

shroomwell

Total Time
alot
Anybody see the kid walking around in a pilot uniform at SMF today. Did anyone talk to him, seemed a little strange?

ATRCAPT

Livin' the...dream?
Total Time
15Kish
That was me. I look younger than I am.

yoyoma

Total Time
ha! could have been me too. i was there in uniform and i look young.

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
That's the norm these days!! Where have ya been for the past few years??

shroomwell

Total Time
alot
No this was a kid, not just some young RJ driver. The uniform was fake, he must have been about 14 and looked to be with his grandfather.

He was eyeballing me in line and asked what airplane I flew. I asked where he was going and he said that he just wanted to show the pilots his uniform. He appeared to not be retarded.

Redeyes

Total Time
10000+
I had a 6 year old kid once come visit the cockpit in a uniform his parents put him in. I showed him all the bells and whistles and asked him at the end if he wanted to be a pilot when he grew up. He scoffed, "No a fireman", turned around and walked out!!

slaquer5

Total Time
>19k
No this was a kid, not just some young RJ driver. The uniform was fake, he must have been about 14 and looked to be with his grandfather.

He was eyeballing me in line and asked what airplane I flew. I asked where he was going and he said that he just wanted to show the pilots his uniform. He appeared to not be retarded.

OK that counts me out :)

Captain Overs

Total Time
He's actually a real pilot. He's a legacy at major airline "B". See where daddy can get you these days?

xkuzme1

As previously briefed!
Total Time

Did he have spiked hair with frosted tips and an ipod? I think he may have been wearing a backpack too.

X

Benhuntn

Deer Fear Me
Total Time
>11000
Herb's Grandson. He also rode to the airport on his own Harley.

Scope out RJ's

Banned
Total Time
Was it Tanker Clown or MCDU?
Oh wait.....You said he appeared to NOT be retarded!
(apologies to any retards that might have been offended by the reference to tc and mcdu)

get2flyin

Flyinawa!
Total Time
15k+
Now THAT is some Christmas cheer! Thanks for the laughs.

A few years ago I was walking through DIA and saw two stone faced, serious looking United pilots walking through the terminal. One of them was pushing what I can only describe as a duck on a stick, except instead of legs, it had wheels. On the wheels were little web feet so when they turned they went, "SLAP, SLAP, SLAP..." down the terminal. The passengers were laughing and pointing. Neither pilot even seemed to notice, just acted serious. Classic.

Last edited:

Bavarian Chef

Registered jetBluser
Total Time

PHXFLYR

USAir by default
Total Time
>0;<1
I had a 6 year old kid once come visit the cockpit in a uniform his parents put him in. I showed him all the bells and whistles and asked him at the end if he wanted to be a pilot when he grew up. He scoffed, "No a fireman", turned around and walked out!![/quote]

Smart kid !!

PHXFLYR:cool: