SWA Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cpt Splash

Just curious. I have been hearing rumors about a hiring freeze and that the requirements are going to a type rating for the interview. Any truth to this? Chime in please.

As of this moment, they have stopped hiring. They want some time to empty the pool. That can also change at a moments notice.

When they do begin hiring again, one would assume they would be calling the people with type ratings first.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!!

I wouldn't be so sure making that statement. I know a couple folks hired recently that DID NOT have the type.

Gup

Thx, that does help. As it stands now the type is not required for the interview, but assuming that the hiring starts up again real soon, the rumor is that the type is going to be required before an interview. Thx again

Thx, that does help. As it stands now the type is not required for the interview, but assuming that the hiring starts up again real soon, the rumor is that the type is going to be required before an interview. Thx again

I don't think the type will be required to interview. However, I do think those with types will be the ones getting the interview calls. Just a subtle difference. ;)

This was posted on another thread about a month or so ago.

-----------------------------------------------
Alright boys and girls...talked to Sandy today. Here's the scoop. Not much different than what has been reported.

As of today, no new classes til 2008. However, always a chance; of course. I would bet that there will be one or two more this year....

Over 400 in pool.

Hired a little over 50 in the Sept. board.

ALL APPLICATION REVIEWS HAVE STOPPED!! They are still taking apps. online. However they are not looking at them. She made this very clear and wanted me to spread the word. Also, when they do start hiring, they will only review applications with a type rating on it.

As for the 'Big merger' or whatever. Go get your rumor immunity shot. I hope we have all been in the business long enough to know rumors are just that; rumors. Don't worry about it, the time will come, fretting only takes away from valuable beer and football time!!!

I'm June 1 pool date; she said 4 to 5 classes. Best bet is to just ask your magic eight ball, that should lead you to the truth!!!

PD has stated that when interviews start, typed applicants will be the ones getting the call. ie No type dont count on getting a call until they have gone through those with the type. They may have done it as recently as a few months ago, but the plan is for typed applicants only. All this is subject to change at any moment.

I agree that folks with type may get called in sooner for the interview. However in my interview group in June, about 1/3 didn't have the type, and I know several hired without.

When you get the interview the job is yours type or no type. Be ready to any interview questions why you don't have the type if you want to work for Southwest.

Later.

Just a note, I interviewed in March 07 and didn't have the type. I was sure I would be asked why I didn't have it. They were very professional and just asked as part of checking off areas of a form if I had a 737 type rating. I answered no and that never came up again. I was hired. My guess is if they are questioning whether you really have the desire to work there they might ask why you don't have it.

I don't think having the type means merely as much as not having too much experience. They really are looking for low time pilots that will sit on their hands while their captains make unsafe greed motivated decisions. But thats just my opinion.

Latest resources

Back