• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think having the type means merely as much as not having too much experience. They really are looking for low time pilots that will sit on their hands while their captains make unsafe greed motivated decisions. But thats just my opinion.

I guess they turned you down?

You make it sound like a 250 hour wonder kid sitting next to a stubborn Captain.

The lowest time you can possibly have is atleast 1,000 PIC. You've clearly been a Captain somewhere else for atleast a year.

Not exactly "low-time" to me.

We have some extremely sharp folks over there on the interview team. :pimp:

I dont think anyone knows how many apps on file have the type, but I do know this last year, a lot of folks who interviewed did not have the type. In my interview group of 17, 3 had the type. Two of the three with the type did not get hired. I would suspect as the word filters out that more folks will go get the type and that will again become the measuring stick. But thats just this mans oppinion.

I don't think having the type means merely as much as not having too much experience. They really are looking for low time pilots that will sit on their hands while their captains make unsafe greed motivated decisions. But thats just my opinion.

You are an ass. I suspect some sour grapes to boot? This is my fourth airline, picked up first try with SWA, and our crews are second to no one...period. With your attitude, it is no wonder you are not working for SWA. Good luck my friend.

Latest resources

Back