• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is the status of contract negotiations at SWA? How long have they been negotiating? What was the longest it ever took for a TA to be reached? Thanks.

Keep in mind EVERYTHING is extremely fluid here. So to keep your stress level down, remember that nobody knows nothing until somebody decides something. Even when that's decided, it could end up being nothing. Update the apps, dont quit your day job, and good luck.
The only thing I can add is that I was in Dallas sitting in a recruiter's office asking questions for a buddy and the one big thing she said was that when we start interviewing, typed folks will get the calls first.

Third Time

If they did not "love" you in 04 and 06 why 08?

Sometimes people mature over time.

Sometimes it takes SWA several times to see the pilot as one of their own.

I don't know, ask them why they sometimes hire people after 3 or more interviews.

It may never happen for me. That is up to SWA. I won't try forever, but I am young yet.

Some people have a bad day........ or two. I know of a couple people hired on their 3rd attempt.

As of today the word is around 300 for next year. If age 60 passes ( and I heard BY Q12008) then we won't need as many newhires.

Those numbers are based on the 19a/c next year. If we decide/can still get the other 16 then you can just about double the 300.

The contract has been opened for over a year. Union says they expect something by Q3 2008.

Gup

When they say 300 for the year, they mean 300 trained for the year. So if they have 300 in the pool, then they would not need to do interviews.

Latest resources

Back