• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa hawaii update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wave, so many folks see you as such a tool.

They do?
A troll I get, but tool...?
You feel the need to say this now bc.....?????

Oh I see... You're JetBlue -
A good airline- thanks for te ride you guys gave me to JFK that one time 4 years ago- treated me great.
Any nervousness HAL may have is certainly in your pilot group. Except with a greater chance of happening.

You don't like that the air tran integration is the precedent? You wish it weren't?
I do too. Do you also ever wish that water wasn't wet?
It absolutely screwed my career progression and I have nothing to show for it except 1800 pilots worth of growth that we won't have access to.
I wouldn't gain anything from a JetBlue acquisition either if precedent holds, except more grey hairs when I upgrade- and less time topped out and holding the schedule I want.

Let's not pretend that any of us have anything but selfish motivations when it all gets real-

I will drink to no acquisitions actually happening and everyone just doing their thing-

:beer:

Jim, time will tell.

Just telling you how pilots here feel about getting absolutely nothing but diluted seniority from any new acquisitions- we will be going apesh/t - and I'm kind of a kool aid drinker-
We just can't afford any more dilutions so unless it comes with some huge benefit- $$$ (and it would take a lot of $$$) it won't be as easy as air tran- I promise

Sounds like not on your end either.

So it'll be arbitration-

IF that outside chance actually comes to fruition-

Still clinging to the naive Hawaiians sticking up for you thing eh?

Many many pilots have thought that

Eastern did

Now delta dominates an Atlanta that was so protective

We'll see if it happens

No Wave, the angry Hawaiian thing is just a side benefit. It's the M-B Act and the arbitrators following federal law that will protect me. You and your SWA brethren always seem to conveniently forget that.

You can bet your second to last penny that the Hawaiian pilots will not roll over and take it up the ass from the SWA pilots. You can bet your last penny that the M-B Act and the arbitrators won't be swayed by your "SWA lottery ticket" bull crap either. I know I'll be betting mine when I vote to tell SWAPA where to stck their wet dream SLI. And I'll do so knowing the odds are greatly in my favor.

MB is as untested as it gets
And poked full of holes in the actual language
MB doesn't guarantee an outcome just a process and that's a good thing-
There are no SWA pilots afraid of arbitration- especially not junior fo's since air tran really couldn't have worked out worse for us

MB is as untested as it gets
And poked full of holes in the actual language
MB doesn't guarantee an outcome just a process and that's a good thing-
There are no SWA pilots afraid of arbitration- especially not junior fo's since air tran really couldn't have worked out worse for us

You really are full of ********************

Yeah, that's been said
;)

But I've been right more than wrong in my life so... I'm not blindly confident
:)

So if I read this thread right, we are already getting the panties nice and wadded up for the next maybe merger before we really finish the last merger?

Said this before on here: I would have happily cut a $1000/mo ALPA assessment check to AirTran pilots if they had wanted to fight harder in their integration. Would do the same for Hawaiian (even Dan Roman). That's me, not every ALPA member.

ALPA guys: I think we need a resolution that whoever SWA tries to buy next we circle the wagons around them. Keep Gary Kelly in check and fully defend MB legislation.

Having said that, I'm wondering what a first offer Is the best offer deal out if GK would be to Hawaiian? Wave I don't think you'd like it.

McCaskill-Bond requires the any company that acquires more than 50% of an airline to merge the employee groups of the two companies. So threats of migrating our flying to SWA and shutting us down are worthless.

I'm not so sure that this is true in all cases. Doesn't the operation have to be merged with the same management, etc?

I think it would probably apply if SWA bought HA, but didn't when DL bought Endeavor because they are operates separately.

Latest resources

Back