SWA goes after RJs again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about codeshare and scope?

Meaningless, since outsourcing RJs doesn't work for your business model. That's why the company has never pushed hard for it.

How about average daily guarantee of 6.5?

How about minimum day of 5.0?

These items force the pairing generator to create all non-commutable trips. There are better ways to skin that cat.

How about the highest 737 rates?

As a matter of fact, how about highest narrow body rates except for the Delta 757 which pays $3.00 an hour more?

Contracts are already in place at UAL and DAL that will exceed your rates in short order. After you factor in their retirement, they're already beating you by a significant margin.

Meaningless, since outsourcing RJs doesn't work for your business model. That's why the company has never pushed hard for it.

Haha, haha, haha, haha, haha, haha.

Absolutely......NO RJ's, NO codeshare, and even NO interline. Nobody comes close.

What an idiot. 'Nuff said.

Come on you PFT sellout! Just admit it. Use that nut drainer of yours for something other than making friends at the gym! Admit it!
You took one of those dreadful RJ jobs that you despise so much. Couldn't get a job anywhere, so you bought your job, like the PFT troll you are!
It's ok, with close to 10,000 posts, you're just as much of a colossal doosh as genital lee!

This from a lav dumper.....but your dude friends "LUV" your blue hands and teeth. Drink up D-weed!

Bye Bye---General Lee

These items force the pairing generator to create all non-commutable trips. There are better ways to skin that cat.

Contracts are already in place at UAL and DAL that will exceed your rates in short order. After you factor in their retirement, they're already beating you by a significant margin.

PCL,

SWA doesn't seem to want to fly to small cities (outside of TX). They dropped 17 of your former AT cities, and then of course sub leased DL your 717s. It used to be SWA tried to find smaller communities and stay away from big, busy airports. Well, not anymore. So, RJs from smaller cities may not be in your future, even though your twin up in Canada (Westjet) has a "Regional" called Encore flying Dash-8-400s, and they will even be getting 5 767-300ERs for Hawaii service from Calgary and Edmonton.

As far as the rates go, there will be an increase at DL sometime in 2015 most likely, and RA also knows AA has a "me too" clause, so they will mirror DL's rates then.

Bye Bye---General Lee

wave, about the only thing you have better than industry standard is minimum days off. Everything else is weak to downright awful. I'm amazed that your reserve pilots haven't completely revolted by now.
These are your words are they not?

Do we, or do we not have industry leading scope and codeshare language?

Are our ADG and minimum day industry leading or not?

Our are 737 rates industry leading or not?
You are certainly entitled to your opinions, but you are NOT entitled to your own FACTS. When you blatantly misrepresent demonstrable FACTS, you just look small, silly and petty.

No, I don't consider your ADG and min day industry leading, because they create worse schedules!

Industry leading pay? No!

I'll give you the industry leading scope, but as I said, it's basically irrelevant.

No, I don't consider your ADG and min day industry leading, because they create worse schedules!

Industry leading pay? No!

I'll give you the industry leading scope, but as I said, it's basically irrelevant.
lead-ing;
1: coming in or ranking first : foremost.

When your ADG and min day are higher than anyone else's, that is by very definition, industry leading.

When your 737 pay is higher than anyone else's, that is by very definition, industry leading.

When your scope clause is better than anyone else's, that is by very definition, industry leading.

If you want to proclaim your opinion is that those things that are industry leading don't matter, then that is your opinion and you are entitled to it, but you can't change the facts.

Last edited:
Howie,

This is what it looks like when someone tries to defend the indefensible. Kind of like Jay Carney.

Just looks more and more like a fool every time they open their mouth.

Excellent entertainment though.

Again, Delta can't touch our...

1. Scope
2. Rigs/Work rules. (remember premium time for pretty much any schedule change)
3. Reserve days off.
4. Pay

We are behind on retirement. And Delta is improving on pay, and that's a good thing. But they would kill for the other items they don't have.

Howie, a number being bigger doesn't necessarily make it "leading." Reference golf scores, for example. If your ADG and min day mean I spend more days away from home because I can't commute, then it's not "leading."

So if commuting on both ends is the be-all, end-all...guess what? You'd make a TON less money in the long run for that commute. Which is a stupid argument in the end.

3 hour terminal walks at Delta and commutable on both ends? You can have it. I'll take the SW rig of 6.5/day, everyday and twice on Sunday.

Latest resources

Back