• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA GK talks about the industry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats why everytime I jumpseat on you guys I have to pay $25 while when i show up for work there are 3 airtran guys that want to get on and guess what they pay NOTHING!

Quick aside- Airtran has always been great to me, both my wife and I JS/nonrev on them to go to our hometowns on a regular basis. I've never had a problem and also never paid the $25 for the JS. Airtran folks, thanks for all the rides.

Now back to your regularly scheduled pointless argument...

Quick aside- Airtran has always been great to me, both my wife and I JS/nonrev on them to go to our hometowns on a regular basis. I've never had a problem and also never paid the $25 for the JS. Airtran folks, thanks for all the rides.

Now back to your regularly scheduled pointless argument...

Airtran......ALWAYS 100 percent, a great jumpseat!!! Great crews who "get it" being a commuter!!!

Just a thought.

If viable and I don't know that it is, GK could make a play for regional holding company RJET. This would only make sense if he is able to terminate existing contracts or transfer a/c to WN feed as contracts expire.

Many of the legacys have held RJETs feet to the fire to get reduced rates in the last few years. One way to reverse this trend is to take advantage of any adjustment clauses that are non fixed in nature....such as fuel and maintenance costs. Raise these costs, and legacys may cancel the contracts.

Also, the contracts have clauses that allow for 90 day termination due to change in ownship. The legacys will probably all be undergoing a change in ownership in the next 24-36 months, thus allowing GK to terminate.

WN doesn't need ATL or other large hubs. What they need is an integrated feed from smaller markets that will make their existing system more productive and profitable. Afterall, they can't rely on heating oil futures indefinitely.

Oh, buy the way......any news on the new pilot's contract?:D :laugh: Like I said.

:pimp:

Last edited:
I have no problem with a merger (CAL, Spirit), however SWA has stated that they would never merge with another airline, they would much rather acquire assets than deal with disparate employee groups, something about maintaining their unique culture.

The culture of which you speak is rapidly disappearing.

Latest resources

Back