• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA GK talks about the industry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude give it a rest. so what if we didn't hire you, stop searching for any thread that mentions swa so you can make yourself feel important.
Didn't apply nor ever wanted to work for SWA. SWA is a great company with great people, mostly, they did hire you. I'm just not into the type of flying SWA does and money has never been an issue. I've flown for a legacy, upstarts and the commuters in the early 80s and I found a home with ATA and will ride this to the end. I've prepared a life away from the airlines.

I've never been overly critical of SWA, pull the records. What have I said that isn't the truth. If SWA acquires another airline will you not attempt to staple them at the very least? Every pilot group will do what's best for their own group, just stating the obvious.

I don't have to post on this board to feel important.
Sorry to have hurt your feelings.

Last edited:
Now thats funnnnnny!!!!!! Our FO'S make more than their Capt's but yes they will stand firm! How about the start by getting rid of their jumpseat surcharge then we can talk about standing firm.
Do we have to go down this road again? This was a policy put in place by our former CEO. It was not something the pilots put in place. In the TA that was voted down, the surcharge was DELETED! Most stations don't charge it if you are an additional jumpseater. Get over it will you! There are other airlines out there that charge their own employees to nonrev. Again the world doesn't revolve around you the pilot.

By the way Reno sued for their integration and were not stapled to the bottom of Americans seniority list. It amazes me that when airline executives start talking about mergers, everyone starts talking who bought who and bringing out the staple guns. Then the whos better than who starts. My argument wasn't flawed, I just pointed out there were other mergers outside of American and TWA. Do I see a merger between Southwest and AirTran in the future? Probable not, I believe both of the low cost carriers will be better served if they looked at international opportunities and how to be a significant factor in the global economy.

Reno was stapled dude. I know, I used to fly for AA.

Do we have to go down this road again? This was a policy put in place by our former CEO. It was not something the pilots put in place. In the TA that was voted down, the surcharge was DELETED! Most stations don't charge it if you are an additional jumpseater. Get over it will you! There are other airlines out there that charge their own employees to nonrev. Again the world doesn't revolve around you the pilot.

Thats why everytime I jumpseat on you guys I have to pay $25 while when i show up for work there are 3 airtran guys that want to get on and guess what they pay NOTHING!

Thats why everytime I jumpseat on you guys I have to pay $25 while when i show up for work there are 3 airtran guys that want to get on and guess what they pay NOTHING!
Sir I'm going to call you out on that one. The policy is that if a offline jumpseater wants to jumpseat, the first offline jumpseater will not be charged. Any other offline jumpseater may be charged $25 dollars. Most agents don't charge offline jumpseaters. As far as there being AirTran jumpseaters, there could 50 Airtran pilots trying commute on your flight to wherever you are going. If there is one offline jumpseater, he will not be charged. That is the policy, please don't use this board to argue about a policy I nor any other AirTran pilot has control over. I know it is something that will be addressed during negotiations. AirTran also has a new CEO who may do away with the policy all together. You know AirTrans policy for jumpseating, so plan accordingly when you commute on AirTran. Flightinfo has been a place to debate this issue for several years. I don't want to hear it, I have no control over it and we all know it is a sore subject with some, including AirTran pilots. SO GIVE IT A REST! If it keeps happening to you, speak with the agents supervisor, or contact your jumpseat coordinator and have them contact AirTran's jumpseat coordinator and they can speak to the station where this continues to happen. Getting on this board and complaining about it, will do you no good. There is a process to follow when stations don't follow the rules, execute it and you may find your commuting life become a lot easier! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Last edited:
PCL,

So now you are a "mainline"??? Who's your Commuter??

I believe you are a major LCC last I checked
:rolleyes: By "mainline," I mean "branded carrier." In other words, and airline that flies its own code rather than an airline like ASA that flies someone else's code. You should know a lot about that, seeing as how over half of your block hours are flown by people on someone else's seniority list.

This is really easy. Don't jump on AirTran anymore. We carry a lot of SWA folks, and I've seen one guy get charged EVER. If your demeanor at the gate is anything like your posts the agent probably doesn't think twice about it. A smile, (and maybe some chocolate), goes a long way.

Latest resources

Back