• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA GK talks about the industry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That comment also makes You Sir a Jack Ass.

Jeff Neely

I was just pointing out the flawed argument that Eagle757shark was making. AA Stapled Reno. Thats a fact. He was claiming that since SWA and AT are both viable carriers that no stapling would take place. (Which I completely agree with)

HOWEVER, if you are making that argument, dont use an acquisition that goes against the point you are trying to make.

So, that makes me a jackass?

The circumstances of any transaction and subsequent integration are immaterial; what counts is honoring the precepts of trade unionism.

It would be particularly disruptive to contract negotiation efforts if you had a large block of highly disgruntled employees at the bottom of your seniority list.

Food for thought.

It is amazing to watch guys fight over a seniority integration that will probably never happen, and if it did would be decided in court, sure a shell on on FI.

One thing is for sure, GK is not interested in paying retail for ANYTHING (to include my time), he wants a discount. We are not buying anything as healthy as Air Tran is today.

It would be particularly disruptive to contract negotiation efforts if you had a large block of highly disgruntled employees at the bottom of your seniority list.

Given the events of last weak I think we are pretty mush there already.

Ladies, don't get all wrapped tight, this deal with AirTran isn't happening. If SWA buys anyone it will be WestJet and I'm sure the SWA boys will show them lots of LUV.:uzi:

Dude give it a rest. so what if we didn't hire you, stop searching for any thread that mentions swa so you can make yourself feel important.

You are mixing apples and oranges when you compare the possible merger between AirTran and Southwest and what happened with American and TWA. Folks lets get one thing straight, AirTran is a successful and profitable carrier! AirTran is not in ch.11 like TWA. When it came to it, TWA entered into a deal with American airlines for its survival. TWA was in Ch.11 so career expectations were bleak considering a carrier that was possibly going out of business. AirTran is not a failing carrier. If AirTran and Southwest put together some type of deal, perhaps it could be with third party financing or it could end up being a true merger. So before you guys get on your soap box about how nice AirTran guys are and rather AirTran guys are worthy to be in Southwest colors, step back and take a DEEP breathe. This is not TWA and American, period! Do some homework aviators, there are more airline mergers outside TWA and American where there was integration among two employee groups. To name a few (Western and Delta, US Air, Piedmont, and PSA, Pan Am and National, and Amercian and Reno)! AirTran is profitable and would be bringing 60 firm 737-700 aircraft to the table. So all you me, me, me, me, selfish guys, put your staple guns back in the closet, AirTran employees deserve and will stand equal to any Southwest employee if there is any merger transaction going forward!

Now thats funnnnnny!!!!!! Our FO'S make more than their Capt's but yes they will stand firm! How about the start by getting rid of their jumpseat surcharge then we can talk about standing firm.

That comment also makes You Sir a Jack Ass.

Jeff Neely

And who do you think you are? The same jack @$$ thats who. The people that i spoke to all say the same thing first pass the interview then we merge based on career expectations. simple as that my friends.

I was just pointing out the flawed argument that Eagle757shark was making. AA Stapled Reno. Thats a fact. He was claiming that since SWA and AT are both viable carriers that no stapling would take place. (Which I completely agree with)

HOWEVER, if you are making that argument, dont use an acquisition that goes against the point you are trying to make.

So, that makes me a jackass?
By the way Reno sued for their integration and were not stapled to the bottom of Americans seniority list. It amazes me that when airline executives start talking about mergers, everyone starts talking who bought who and bringing out the staple guns. Then the whos better than who starts. My argument wasn't flawed, I just pointed out there were other mergers outside of American and TWA. Do I see a merger between Southwest and AirTran in the future? Probable not, I believe both of the low cost carriers will be better served if they looked at international opportunities and how to be a significant factor in the global economy.

Latest resources

Back