• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Gets More Cautious For '08

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya right. El Paso sounds so much more tantalizing than Maui.

ESPRIT

Yeah, but the hotel in ELP gives you free breakfast burritos in morning.

Yeah, but the hotel in ELP gives you free breakfast burritos in morning.

True. But watch the hot sauce. WOW that sh!t is hot.

To the ATA posters. Dudes - you've got it figured out. While I'd like to complain about "us" doing the flying you guys have arguements that I cannot refute.

We are all pawns. Plain and simple. To think of individual pilots as the enemy is just not LUV like and I will not do it.

Gup

We're not even pawns. That would infer that we have some value to be sacrificed.

Hal:
Beautifully put!
Same thing happened to UAL in the 90's.
What's that saying, becareful who you step on your way up!
Southwest's days are numbered, and with the pompous jerks you see on here can only be a reflection on how hard they will fall!

Haven't seen you use this username in a while. Is one of your other ones banned right now.

The biggest "Captain America" I ever met is an ATA guy.

He's an embarrassment, I hope you set him straight and shut him up. :smash:

We have our 10 percent, I had hoped even less.

I realize I shouldn't take it personally, it being business and all. When a SWA employee makes statements like, "ATA is flying our routes with our flight numbers and it should be with our pilots", I take that as a personal assault. If an ATA pilot complained about SWA taking "our" routes, you know the routes like say MCO, DEN, FLL, PHL and RSW, just to name a few and ATA parked airplanes and furloughed pilots, we were chastised by SWA pilots for even hinting that SWA took our flying.

News Flash! ATA has been flying to Hawaii for almost as long as SWA has been around, this is our flying not yours. Should ATA pilots complain that SWA is putting on your Rapid Awards customers and barely paying for the fuel to carry them? Need I remind you that ATA has provided millions of free dollars to your bottom line and we have only lost money on these glorious codeshare routes. It seems that SWA is the only one benefiting from these routes just so you can GROW and upgrade as many co pilots as possible.

Do I hold any hostility towards SWA pilots for any of this, of course not. I have many friends at SWA and respect SWA as a company and think of SWA pilots as brothers but you have your 10% and so do we. Every now and then I need to vent and this is as good a place as any.

Your union's job is to protect SWA pilot's future and I don't have heartburn with anything they have done, ATA ALPA will do that as well. I just ask to please remember that we are just soldiers in this war that we didn't start and lets treat each other with mutual respect.

Thank you, venting complete!

not worth the time

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back