• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Future - Assigned Seating?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had heard a while back that the assigned seating issue was going to be an FAA requested change because they wanted to know who was sitting where. Just like when they went to an open cabin formate and removed the bulkheads so the FA's can see the whole cabin at once. So I think we are compiling with there request on a quicker time frame rather than having it forced upon us when we are not ready for it.

I think the TSA should re-imburse us for the five Mil it's costing us to comply with their mandates!

And to think David Neeleman was let go from SWA for insisting on such a preposterous idea (among others).

Boyd can try to take credit, but he's late jumping on the bandwagon.

lowecur said:
Spending $5M on a computer upgrade so they could have this option is sending signals that the airline just may have to do it to stay competitive. Good ol Mike Boyd predicted this, just as he has predicted they will order the E-jet. I hope his crystal ball is right again."

Did he predict it 10 years ago, when I am sure it was brought up for the 10th time? I've heard this over and over again. SWA will do it when a. It makes sense, b. We are forced to by the FAA or TSA, or c. See a. again.

And are we doing this to stay competitive, or are we doing it to become even more competitive? Profits, yields, loadfactors are near record levels, so I don't think the pink slips are being printed up anytime soon. Why would we update/upgrade a multijillion dollar computer system and not incorporate the capability? The real question to ask is was the 787 included in the software as well?

E-jets. Talk to me again in 5 years and we'll take another look. Right now, its off the back burner and in the sink getting washed.

AKAAB said:
And to think David Neeleman was let go from SWA for insisting on such a preposterous idea (among others).

It was more than that. Let me leave it at that.

canyonblue said:
I was talking about the reusable plastic passes we used at the gate. The TSA started requiring that everyone have a boarding pass with their name on it. This required us to print paper boarding passes and the plastic were retired.

Awright, I get it........I feel about as dumb now as someone trying to use a plastic pass as a weapon.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back