SWA / Frontier Deal Off For Now!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WarnerNo13,

Nothing personal, but let's cut to the chase. I know it's PC to support the idea 'everyone is crucial to make an airline go' philosophy, but it's crap. Pilots make airlines go. Period. I know we're not supposed to say that out loud. Tough. No pilots, no airlines. Everybody else is secondary. Yeah, I said it.......

WarnerNo13,

Nothing personal, but let's cut to the chase. I know it's PC to support the idea 'everyone is crucial to make an airline go' philosophy, but it's crap. Pilots make airlines go. Period. I know we're not supposed to say that out loud. Tough. No pilots, no airlines. Everybody else is secondary. Yeah, I said it.......

That's mighty cordial of ya. Let me respond that without dispatchers in a 121 you're not making any airplanes go. Without mechanics you can go but probably won't fly very high for very long. Without flight attendants the govt won't be too happy if you go, and without res agents taking people's credit car numbers to pay you, the airline won't go. I wouldn't call it really PC, it's more factual. If pilots did all of the above I might agree with you but they don't.

What's going on with the mechanics' labor groups? The dispatcher labor groups? What about the flight attendants one being union and the other not? Take in the whole picture.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090813/ap_on_bi_ge/us_frontier_southwest_3

While Frontier pilots are in a position to make some kind of deal before their airline is sold, other workers aren't so lucky. Southwest told Frontier mechanics and others represented by Teamsters Local 961 in a meeting Wednesday that it intended to eventually liquidate Frontier and hire only a handful of the 450 Frontier mechanics and others represented by the union, said Matthew Fazakas, president and principal officer of the local.

"We obviously think that's outrageous," Fazakas said Thursday. "They told us only a handful of people would be offered jobs, and they were not coming over by seniority."

Hey Idiot,
All Allegheny-Mohawk says it that the SLI must be fair and equitable, with no windfall to either group. It doesn't say ANYTHING about seat protection or relative seniority. You sure do spout off a lot, in spite of hardly ever knowing what the ******************** you're talking about.

Disagree. They will force arbitration and get seat protection and relative seniority to their respective seat. It is Federal Law Mohawk Allegeny. These guys know what they are doing.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090813/ap_on_bi_ge/us_frontier_southwest_3

While Frontier pilots are in a position to make some kind of deal before their airline is sold, other workers aren't so lucky. Southwest told Frontier mechanics and others represented by Teamsters Local 961 in a meeting Wednesday that it intended to eventually liquidate Frontier and hire only a handful of the 450 Frontier mechanics and others represented by the union, said Matthew Fazakas, president and principal officer of the local.

"We obviously think that's outrageous," Fazakas said Thursday. "They told us only a handful of people would be offered jobs, and they were not coming over by seniority."

Ouch. I rest my case.

I would be really surprised if WN can't wrestle a bankrupt airline from little old RAH, at fire sale prices?

Also noted majority of these post are from WN pilots who are obviously in angst over getting this deal done ?

You WN guys should tone it down, too much chest thumping going on here.

Good luck to all envolved.

I would be really surprised if WN can't wrestle a bankrupt airline from little old RAH, at fire sale prices?

Also noted majority of these post are from WN pilots who are obviously in angst over getting this deal done ?

You WN guys should tone it down, too much chest thumping going on here.

Good luck to all envolved.

Not really, I am kind of looking forward to the deal failing after what I just read on the SWAPA forum. The demands of FAPA are WWAAAAAAYYYYYY out of line! Good luck with Republic!

Not really, I am kind of looking forward to the deal failing after what I just read on the SWAPA forum. The demands of FAPA are WWAAAAAAYYYYYY out of line! Good luck with Republic!

Demands? I can tell you that there were zero demands. As one of your swapa releases indicated, a ratio integration was proposed, with swapa picking the ratio. There was nothing close to a demand. Just negotiations with exchanges of proposals. Swapa started with a staple, fapa responded in kind with a ratio. The end result ideally would be something in the middle.

From TOF

All Denver FAPA pilots will be Denver Domicile protected with first dibs on any newly created 737 positions in Denver forever.

They want $3000/month + health benefits for for all their furloughees with no time limit

Yep. Time to kill this one.
Well..bye!!

Latest resources

Back