• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA / Frontier Deal Off For Now!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You all realize that there are other employees that make an airline run other than pilots right? Have airlines and pilot groups gotten so blinded that they think an earth tilting deal like this should depend solely on what's good for them? Next time you walk by a gate agent, or call a mechanic for help, or contact your dispatcher for a quick fuel burn, or butter up your crew scheduler with some candy, or visit your benefits dept to work on your 401k, think about it for a second that it's not just your life being affected.

What's going on with the mechanics' labor groups? The dispatcher labor groups? What about the flight attendants one being union and the other not? Take in the whole picture.

You all realize that there are other employees that make an airline run other than pilots right? Have airlines and pilot groups gotten so blinded that they think an earth tilting deal like this should depend solely on what's good for them? Next time you walk by a gate agent, or call a mechanic for help, or contact your dispatcher for a quick fuel burn, or butter up your crew scheduler with some candy, or visit your benefits dept to work on your 401k, think about it for a second that it's not just your life being affected.

What's going on with the mechanics' labor groups? The dispatcher labor groups? What about the flight attendants one being union and the other not? Take in the whole picture.

Maybe they have their own site they use. This site is for pilots that is why the only thing you read is about pilots.

This is gutwrenching for me watching these guys let this slip through their fingers. No other company would back SWAPA's play like SWA just did. I feel like I am watching someone commit suicide. Dudes - it is great here. I am junior and still love it. We are just asking you to do what all 6000 of us did. No, scratch that we are asking you to do what we did except for a lot more money, guaranteed domicile protection and longetivity pay scale! SWA will not go to arbitration and will not cram this down SWAPA's throats - SWA survival doesnt depend on Denver, and it is cheaper to buy and shut down....you guys are worrying me ...this is moving fast.

Maybe they have their own site they use. This site is for pilots that is why the only thing you read is about pilots.

I see forums on flightinfo for ATC, Flight Attendants, Dispatchers, Mechanics, etc.

Besides, the point of my post is not whether only pilots can post on here, it's pointing out in the real world that an airline deal should not rest solely on what the pilots want and how their lives would be affected. Obviously from the information coming out WN and F9 seems to be strictly concerned about what the pilot groups have to say and will decide for a few thousand other non-pilots if a deal is made or not. So it really has nothing to do with if other groups have their own forum.

Last edited:
Q: How does a pilot change a lightbulb?

A: He holds the bulb and lets the world revolve around him.

Gup

Warner: while we all respect the other work groups, no other craft or profession on property loses nearly as much from a furlough, staple, etc as a pilot. And with the possible exception of Tech Ops (maintenance for you non Jet-Bluers) no one has nearly the investment in their career as a pilot once we've reached a Legacy or LCC type carrier. It's not that we don't care if you lose your DX job at F9, but starting over at RAH or wherever won't screw you nearly as much as it does us. Sorry if that seems selfish.

Warner: while we all respect the other work groups, no other craft or profession on property loses nearly as much from a furlough, staple, etc as a pilot. And with the possible exception of Tech Ops (maintenance for you non Jet-Bluers) no one has nearly the investment in their career as a pilot once we've reached a Legacy or LCC type carrier. It's not that we don't care if you lose your DX job at F9, but starting over at RAH or wherever won't screw you nearly as much as it does us. Sorry if that seems selfish.

aewanabe, for the record I'm not an F9 DX. You cannont say what the value of another worker's loss is, truthfully. I understand the investment in time and money that pilots make, but other people invest their time and money as well, and have mortgages and mouths to feed just the same. I know your loss may seem more valuable to you by virtue of flying planes, but that cannot be more important to the mechanic whose life might be turned upside down after learning his/her craft and keeping your planes safe for many years. Other groups have seniority lists as well whose QOL depend on that also. Whether the group has 10 members or 1000 members, being stapled to the bottom of a seniority list has the same impact IMHO. How would you as pilot feel if you were watching in the background, while WN TWU was duking it out with Union X and deciding your fate for you with no input from you? Probably not very good.

Latest resources

Back