SWA FO Pay Rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

m80drvr

Will someone please post the CURRENT payscale for SWA FOs yr 1 to year 12.

Thanks

Per trip. Which equals more than an hour. To say how much is getting rough with the calculator.

It doesn't paint a complete picture to multiply 1.138 X 133 = 151.35. In fact what you said is not correct. A trip is worth MORE than an hour. That's why it's 1.138 and not .862. How I look at the SWA FO rate is like this. My hourly pay rate by the end of this year will be 168. I average 82 hours of credit per month or $13,776. Divide that by 133 an you get 103.6 trips per month I would have to fly if I worked at SWA ( I have 12 yrs longevity at AT). SWA pairings have more trip credit than a typical airline has hourly credit. I want to say the pilot group average is 112 or 117 trips per month or something like that. Hope that helps.

- interesting side note; $168 at 12 year pay (our scale goes higher) puts AirTran at the fourth highest paid US narrow body pilots behind SWA, Delta and Alaska. Who would have thought that 10 years ago.

Last edited:
humvee,

You can thank SWAPA for that huge pay bump. Not ALPA.

Let's just hope Airtran does not end up being a boat anchor to SWA...

Let's hope this little experiment turns out OK or we'll all be looking at a 100% pay cut!

humvee,

You can thank SWAPA for that huge pay bump. Not ALPA.

Let's just hope Airtran does not end up being a boat anchor to SWA...

Let's hope this little experiment turns out OK or we'll all be looking at a 100% pay cut!

You added two additional letters. My thanks is to SWA not SWAPA for the pay increase. Maybe when I become a SWAPA member I will see the negotiating savvyness of SWAPA and have a change of heart. But for now I'm inclined to think that the GO runs the show.

By boat anchor, I take you to mean the nice revenue/profit AirTran is generating for SWA and all of her employees in the Caribbean and other lucrative destinations not served by SWA.

If a pay cut is coming to the pilots of SWA, it is not because of AirTran or AirTran employees. I just bought tickets to go to the FL panhandle with my family in Aug. $1800 bucks for 3 tickets on SWA vs $800 bucks on AA (eagle). It's not an experiment, it's your survival. I'm not implying AT is saving SWA. Just that it is an important piece to the new SWA business, which is completely different than what you are used to.

Classy?

We just acquired an airline that charged for bags, no longer will.

We just acquired an airline that took on average 8 -10 year employees and gave em a 40-80 % pay raise...

We just acquired an airline that had business class seats that no longer does

We just acquired an airline that changed from one fleet type to two

We just acquired an airline that was 66% in debt

If you don't see any down side to the purchase, you are kidding yourself

Not starting a fight.

ALPA did NOTHING for there pay rates. Our CEO gave them a pay raise last fall. Not theirs.

It doesn't paint a complete picture to multiply 1.138 X 133 = 151.35. In fact what you said is not correct. A trip is worth MORE than an hour. That's why it's 1.138 and not .862. How I look at the SWA FO rate is like this. My hourly pay rate by the end of this year will be 168. I average 82 hours of credit per month or $13,776. Divide that by 133 an you get 103.6 trips per month I would have to fly if I worked at SWA ( I have 12 yrs longevity at AT). SWA pairings have more trip credit than a typical airline has hourly credit. I want to say the pilot group average is 112 or 117 trips per month or something like that. Hope that helps.

- interesting side note; $168 at 12 year pay (our scale goes higher) puts AirTran at the fourth highest paid US narrow body pilots behind SWA, Delta and Alaska. Who would have thought that 10 years ago.

Humvee,

We have lines that equal 100-105 at times. You would make the same/more money and have plenty of time off (17-18 off) if you elected just to fly your line.

I pick up to around 120 Trips per month and my numbers are close to what you posted above, and I'm a long, long way from that 12yr level.

RF

Latest resources

Back