• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA FO Pay Rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Humm what is your new SWA sr# around 80,xxx+? or 70ish.

I don't think it will be an exact science. Buddy of mine just finished the transition training and he was an 02 new hire at the Tran ( bout a year junior to me) He got a 68xxx number, which is actually a lower number than he had at AT. But as someone corrected me before, there is a difference between seniority number and employee number.

Classy?

We just acquired an airline that charged for bags, no longer will.

We just acquired an airline that took on average 8 -10 year employees and gave em a 40-80 % pay raise...

We just acquired an airline that had business class seats that no longer does

We just acquired an airline that changed from one fleet type to two

We just acquired an airline that was 66% in debt

If you don't see any down side to the purchase, you are kidding yourself

Not starting a fight.

ALPA did NOTHING for there pay rates. Our CEO gave them a pay raise last fall. Not theirs.

The criminal motorcycle gangs wear patches that read 1%. You should get one made that says 10%.

If it helps read the part about synergies in this article I posted in another thread.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/southwest-airlines-reports-first-quarter-results-2012-04-19

I don't think it will be an exact science. Buddy of mine just finished the transition training and he was an 02 new hire at the Tran ( bout a year junior to me) He got a 68xxx number, which is actually a lower number than he had at AT. But as someone corrected me before, there is a difference between seniority number and employee number.

Ok, so that will put you a good money position and QOL as a fairly Sr FO. We just need to hit that 15% then we can grow. Then you get to re-upgrade and mine wont be 20 yrs.

It doesn't paint a complete picture to multiply 1.138 X 133 = 151.35. In fact what you said is not correct. A trip is worth MORE than an hour. That's why it's 1.138 and not .862. How I look at the SWA FO rate is like this. My hourly pay rate by the end of this year will be 168. I average 82 hours of credit per month or $13,776. Divide that by 133 an you get 103.6 trips per month I would have to fly if I worked at SWA ( I have 12 yrs longevity at AT). SWA pairings have more trip credit than a typical airline has hourly credit. I want to say the pilot group average is 112 or 117 trips per month or something like that. Hope that helps.

- interesting side note; $168 at 12 year pay (our scale goes higher) puts AirTran at the fourth highest paid US narrow body pilots behind SWA, Delta and Alaska. Who would have thought that 10 years ago.

A trip is worth about 55 minutes, therefore a trip is worth less then an hour of pay. So if you fly one hour, it pays 1.2 trips. Every 5 minutes pay .1 trips. Just think in trips, it's easier.

I'm gonna have to side with Humvee on at least one thing. I give all my thanks to SWA for my payrates. SWAPA is just required to be in the room. SWA pays us what they can afford, not a dime more. There is nothing to negotiate.

I thank SWAPA for age 65.

I thank Humvee for originating the thread the became the 'Meter.

Last edited:
A trip is worth about 55 minutes, therefore a trip is worth less then an hour of pay. So if you fly one hour, it pays 1.2 trips. Every 5 minutes pay .1 trips. Just think in trips, it's easier.

Dang, just when I thought I had it right. It's like converting your money to pesos, only it's actually worth more!

I thank Humvee for originating the thread the became the 'Meter.

In Iraq we had the donut of misery. An excel spreadsheet that counted down our days left in country in the shape of a large donut. Nothing like having a little time on your hands to learn the finer points of excel. We should have a December 12 party. Make it a "Hail and Farewell".

You can thank SWAPA for that huge pay bump. Not ALPA.

Interesting. I don't remember SWAPA being at the NMB HQ when the TA was reached. I guess their omnipotence reaches across continents.

Last edited:
Our CEO gave them a pay raise last fall. Not theirs.

Really? In that case, he violated federal law in a very serious way. Maybe you should check with Gary before you start crediting him with things that would land him in jail. Anti-trust laws are serious business.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back