Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really,

95% Strike vote.

No progress whatsoever with your management....

Them all of sudden post announcement.

Boom... 30% Pay Raise right before Christmas????

Yeah, that pay bump... Remember???

Ok...I'll give you that. I'll even fess up that after MY KY Brown Bourbon I got a little testy and assumed you were talking about the SW Pay Rates...touche'.

Post announcement, my rate went up nowhere near 30%. The percentage it went up was offset by the reduction in flying we have now. My paycheck is the same now matter how I bid. I've tried...trust me. We have captains who now are facing downgrade because they made bidding decisions based on inaccurate information that some believe was intentionally misrepresented. Those pilots are facing a very real pay CUT.

Jimmy, when you offer a "you're welcome" to someone who didn't say "Thank You" first, you're acting like a conceited, arrogant, pompous, jerk. You can thank one of your super senior FA's this morning who did just that for my bad mood.

KYBB...if you guys do the "You're Welcome" thing to those cranky Morris Air guys, I can't say I blame them.

Y'all put your shorts on just like the rest of us...one leg at a time. Stop looking down your noses at us and you might realize we're a good bunch.

“Praise can be your most valuable asset as long as you don't aim it at yourself.”

Orlando A. Battista

Ok...I'll give you that. I'll even fess up that after MY KY Brown Bourbon I got a little testy and assumed you were talking about the SW Pay Rates...touche'.

Post announcement, my rate went up nowhere near 30%. The percentage it went up was offset by the reduction in flying we have now. My paycheck is the same now matter how I bid. I've tried...trust me. We have captains who now are facing downgrade because they made bidding decisions based on inaccurate information that some believe was intentionally misrepresented. Those pilots are facing a very real pay CUT.

Jimmy, when you offer a "you're welcome" to someone who didn't say "Thank You" first, you're acting like a conceited, arrogant, pompous, jerk. You can thank one of your super senior FA's this morning who did just that for my bad mood.

KYBB...if you guys do the "You're Welcome" thing to those cranky Morris Air guys, I can't say I blame them.

Y'all put your shorts on just like the rest of us...one leg at a time. Stop looking down your noses at us and you might realize we're a good bunch.

“Praise can be your most valuable asset as long as you don't aim it at yourself.”

Orlando A. Battista

Ticker,

Never ever mentioned you were not a good bunch, in fact I know you are a great bunch!

I have many friends at AirTran and welcome each and everyone of you guys aboard.

I admit. None of us asked for this! My point is simply, we are labor. The decisions management makes with our families livelihoods are tied to a mutual success. We are turning your modestly profitable airline into a potentially unprofitable sector of SWA just by the points I made.

No bag fees
No Biz Seats
Large pay raises across the board

This truly is an experiment we WILL ALL LIVE THROUGH. Like it or not.

I do not know the outcome, however. I do know we are changing the way SWA does business and I'm very very nervous.

BTW

Welcome Aboard Brother!

Actually, I don't do that. I hold my shorts and then jump into the air, landing with both legs through the appropriate leg-holes at the same time. It's more challenging that way. What can I say?--I'm a rebel. One of these days, though, I'm probably gonna' miss and land on my face.

Bubba

If you don't want be labeled an idiot, you shouldn't post idiotic things^^^

I agree. Claiming that Gary was exercising financial control over a competitor that Southwest did not yet own, violating numerous federal laws in the process, was a pretty idiotic thing for him to say.

Anyone who was involved can tell you that Southwest took a completely hands off approach not only with negotiations, but with just about every aspect of AirTran's business prior to SOC. They were incredibly cautious about anti-trust issues, to the point that many felt that they were being too cautious.

PCL

You would have us believe that Airtran management just decided to give you an agreement because they suddenly felt you deserved one? Had absolutely nothing to do with the announcement one week beforehand?

PCL

You would have us believe that Airtran management just decided to give you an agreement because they suddenly felt you deserved one? Had absolutely nothing to do with the announcement one week beforehand?

I guess you could say the announcement inspired the AirTran management team to formulate an offer that the pilots would be willing to accept. Essentially both parties wanted to see the purchase happen. AT management got paid, pilots got a potentially more stable career. AT management didn't have to worry about how the contract would impact the bottom line. That would be SWA's problem. Not that our current contract is out of line one way or the other.

I guess you could say the announcement inspired the AirTran management team to formulate an offer that the pilots would be willing to accept. Essentially both parties wanted to see the purchase happen. AT management got paid, pilots got a potentially more stable career. AT management didn't have to worry about how the contract would impact the bottom line. That would be SWA's problem. Not that our current contract is out of line one way or the other.

spot on, humvee!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back