• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA First Year Pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you able to pick up open time or extra fly while on a reserve line on days off? Thanks for the answers.

flynlow said:
Are you able to pick up open time or extra fly while on a reserve line on days off? Thanks for the answers.
Yes. The problem is 30 in 7. Scheduling will use 5 hours/day for 3-day reserve block and 6 hours/day for a 4-day block.

If you are a 3-day reserve block that will have you at 18 hours. That leaves 11.5 hours for that 7 day period (scheduling uses a 29:30 for 30 in 7).

A 4-day block would allow 9.5 hours.

On first year pay, just give away as much as you can of your schedule.
Then, turn around and pick up extra fly/daily open time at second year rates. On last year's pay rates, I made 60 grand in my first year.

TR4A said:
Yes. The problem is 30 in 7. Scheduling will use 5 hours/day for 3-day reserve block and 6 hours/day for a 4-day block.

If you are a 3-day reserve block that will have you at 18 hours. That leaves 11.5 hours for that 7 day period (scheduling uses a 29:30 for 30 in 7).

A 4-day block would allow 9.5 hours.

Although that is true for daily open time, I believe for monthly open time and extra fly you are good to pick up to the full 30 in 7.

SWAdude said:
Although that is true for daily open time, I believe for monthly open time and extra fly you are good to pick up to the full 30 in 7.
Not sure about MOT but scheduling does not use 29:30 when they want to fill a trip with EF or JA.

SWAdude said:

- The MOT I was trying to pick up for jun wouldn't let me go above 29.5

Fate

Can somebody post how many days your working then how many you have off like 4 on 3 off?Is it easy to drop your schedule and pick up extra trips to make more money?

Pt,

The intent of the second year pay for open time/extra fly, is to encourage productivity and award new-hires for flying extra. This is the spirit that built this company into what it is today. If you choose to "work the system", while not against the rules, it is surely not the intent of the parties who agreed to this part of the contract.

psyicx,
If this helps, I'm on resrve in PHX. I had 16 days off originally and didn't get called for 2, so I call that 18 days off. I picked up three extra days worth of flying that paid me above my 90 trip minimum. After all was said and done, I'll get paid for @120 trips at @42 a trip and about 400 in per diem and 15 days off still. Great place!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back