• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

1800 RVR

Sitting reserve...
For all of you SWA folks,

I have a quick question on first year pay. Airlinepilotpay.com says that first year pay works out to be just shy of $45,000. Is this right? If it isn't, what can a new FO expect for guarantee in the first year? It is easier to plan a budget on these numbers than factoring in hours over guarantee. Any help would be appreciated!

1800 RVR :D

P.S. Is the June DB still on June 7th?

1800 RVR said:

I have a quick question on first year pay. Airlinepilotpay.com says that first year pay works out to be just shy of $45,000. Is this right? If it isn't, what can a new FO expect for guarantee in the first year? It is easier to plan a budget on these numbers than factoring in hours over guarantee. Any help would be appreciated!

P.S. Is the June DB still on June 7th?

43.24 (first year pay) x 98 trips (average line pay) = 4237.52 x 12months = $50850.24 if you dont fly extra. Add another 500 or 600 mo for perdiem. 3 or 4% raise in Sept.

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick answer TexaSWA! I really appreciate the info. Now I do have a quick question on your numbers, though. You mentioned 98 trips as an average line value - does that apply to reserves as well, or is that hard line value? Sorry if these questions are redundant - I'm just trying to get an idea of what to realistically expect as a first year FO. I sure do love your numbers, though!!!! I'm guessing that you were giving me what I wanted - I just wanted to check with you.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the June DB...

Reserve guarentee is about 90 trips per month, but you average higher... often I was well over 100. Some hard lines are in the low 90's but easy manipulation of the schedule, without adding workdays, often ups that into the 100's. Picking up extra time there are guys flying 120, 130, and 140+ trips per month but then you might start hurting quality of line. 98 trips per month is a very reasonable guess as to what you will make on average per month without trying.

Thanks guys!!!

Great info! I really appreciate it. Now, I just have to get past the DB. Keeping fingers crossed...

1800 RVR said:

The answer is yes. Here are some numbers WITHOUT added flying.

90 Trips For Pay (TFP) X $42.14/Trip = $3,792.60/Month = $45,511.20/Year

90TFP is the guarrantee for 15 day Reserve (6TFP/day X 15 = 90TFP)

Minimum Line guarrantee is:
31 day month 89 TFP
30 day month 87 TFP
28-29 day month 85 TFP

June line average for OAK FO is 95.18

If you're considering MDW, OAK, or BWI, you don't have to worry about sitting reserve for very long though.

I was hired in Jan. and live in the Chicago area

Checkride mid-Feb
2nd half Feb. mish mash of flying in MDW

Awarded Oak for Mar.
March - hard line in OAK

Awarded MDW for Apr.
April - Reserve MDW
May - Blank line MDW
June - Hard line MDW

Fate

Can someone tell me if trips picked up during the first year are payed at 2nd year pay rates? Any other related info would be appreciated.

Thanks and Good Luck 1800 rvr I hope to get the call about the same time you do.

flynlow said:
Can someone tell me if trips picked up during the first year are payed at 2nd year pay rates?
Any trips "picked up" from Open Time or Extra Fly are paid at 2nd year pay. If you pick up a trip from a give-away from another pilot it pays 1st year.

Latest resources

Back