• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA February Interviews Decision Board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everyone knows that not having a degree will not help your cause, but I know of several people who have been hired with no degree, one without ANY college credit at all (yup, never stepped foot on campus!)

Flyboysgal,

I really hope you guys get some good news this week, I was just reading your prior post and wanted to ask you if I was understanding his situation.. It sounds like you are saying that his 2 year "wait" was waived and reduced to 1 year, that I got. When you said he was "tired and let it go" do you mean that he waited a considerable length of time (beyond his 1 year?) to reapply? If this is the case (and I'm certianly no expert, that's for sure) I would suggest to him that if he gets a third try at it (assuming he does not get it this time) that he has his app. postmarked the morning of the day that he is eligable.. Southwest seems to really like guys that "want" to work there. I'm not saying that he doesn't, just a suggestion.. I think that at SWA you either meet the mins, or you don't.. If you do your fate is in your own hands at that interview, you have to leave them without a shadow of a doubt that you want to work for SWA.. No even more than ever as they are the only game in town..

Anyway, my prayers are with you both as I know how it is (I got "letters" from the first 3 regionals I interviewed with 4 years ago..) and know how hard the wait can be.. Oh yeah, if I read your post wrong..umm... yeah, just forget all that!

S.B.

you read it right.

You must know how hard jumping into the fire is so close to getting burned!
He was able to mention it as a historical reality and yes, it was more than the two years. That was when the type was required before the phone call came.

There was another post back in one of the general forums about the cost of training vs the time and family investment! Our situation was about keeping the job he worked hard for to catch up on the cost of getting it!

Like I said, it is in the hands of the fates. Anyone who ever met him since his type will attest to how much he WANTS to work there, but short of camping on the doorstep, (which I think he tried at one time....) a certain harsh reality can step in the middle.

This is encouraging, tho. This is a lot of great feedback he could have used before he tried again. Sometimes the time you need a job the most is NOT the right time to go for the one you WANT the most. I think a couple of secure years under his belt in whatever he does next will be a better base for the THIRD time.
Tomorrow is the mailbox day.
I thank you for your good thoughts for him and send them back to you! Good luck all.

Amazing Support...

Flyboysgal,

I just wanted to say I am truly impressed by your incredible support for your partner. I know it must be tough at times for the both of you while you wait for the news, no one realizes that the most unless you’ve gone through it before. I couldn’t image going through it very many times and remaining sane. I too have been rejected like many of us have for jobs we so desperately wanted in the past. I think it is a wonderful thing how you continue on a consistent basis to show how much you care for him and his desires in life. My thoughts are with you and I pray for your phone call soon.

Latest resources

Back