• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA F/As Approve New Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And you left that to become a pilot?! Unless you married a Southwest pilot and can handle the $ situation, that's an odd move.

Married yes, but not to a pilot and yes she has a good job. Odd move, maybe so if I never make more than I did as a F/A. FWIW, there are quite a few stews who have made the move to being a pilot, so I guess it's not that odd. I guess we'll have to see where my career ends up.

I had always planned on being a pilot even before I went to work as a F/A. I only planned on doing the job for about 5 years while I finished college. Before I knew it it had been 12.

It's a leap of faith we all take. Best of luck to you.

Married yes, but not to a pilot and yes she has a good job. Odd move, maybe so if I never make more than I did as a F/A. FWIW, there are quite a few stews who have made the move to being a pilot, so I guess it's not that odd. I guess we'll have to see where my career ends up.

I had always planned on being a pilot even before I went to work as a F/A. I only planned on doing the job for about 5 years while I finished college. Before I knew it it had been 12.

The problem is we do not have more people like you in this industry!
Someone who became a pilot because..
He always wanted to be a pilot! Took a job most of us wouldn't and followed a dream.

Too many people on FI, and in the air are here because they thought it was a fun job with great pay and lots of time off.
If more pilots were here because of their love of aviation and flying our industry would turn around!

Congrats LowlyCFI and welcome!

Always
Motch

If more pilots were here because of their love of aviation and flying our industry would turn around!

I disagree with that statement. There are too many that love flying so much that they would do it for any price. That's why we are in the situation we are in right now. Pilots need to realize that this is BUSINESS. You are flying to earn a living and provide for your family. If you love flying so much and want to keep doing it, stop voting yes on every concessionary contract pushed down your throat and go rent a Cessna 172 to fly around.

murano..
We all did that in one way or another when we started. Dying to get an hour here or there.. Killing to get an hour of multi time!

But at some point, we were mentored by someone and taught that we are worth X$. Going to college and earning a degree should have also taught us something about supply and demand, how management works and thinks, and to strive for an honest wage for honest work done.

It's an ALPA-N problem as much as an ALPA-Local problem.. or whatever other Union you work for. We need to educate the young about what THEY are worth and what THIS INDUSTRY expects from them.
Flying a plane should be more than a job, it should be a career.

Motch

I disagree with that statement. There are too many that love flying so much that they would do it for any price. That's why we are in the situation we are in right now. Pilots need to realize that this is BUSINESS. You are flying to earn a living and provide for your family. If you love flying so much and want to keep doing it, stop voting yes on every concessionary contract pushed down your throat and go rent a Cessna 172 to fly around.
AMEN brother

Latest resources

Back