Swa - etops certification

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General
You keep referring to the word Bra... Isn't that an article of clothing you wear, i mean a woman. Anyone who knows anything about Hawaii knows its spelled Brah!!!
You can have HI Delta, Alaska and Latin America will make more $$$$.

Are you high, like your name? Sure you are. And every legacy has beaten you to Alaska, Latin America, and the Caribbean. You need AT's help to fly to the Caribbean, because you cannot. Come back here in 2015 and tell us how your first couple flights went across the border. Until then, enjoy Albany, bra.... And thanks for the Hawaii lesson, Magnum!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
not to validate anything around here but...Hawaii is off the table for the reasons Genital Lee was stating. There is an over saturation to Hawaii and Alligiant beat us to it. Plain and simple, Hawaii was going to happen sooner but our RES problem delayed everything and in the meantime Alligiant ramped up their Hawaii flying. Long story short, don't hold your breath on Hawaii...it might be a while......if ever.

Alaska Airlines pulled an old school SWA in Hawaii. ATA and Aloha disappeared, and before anyone could blink Alaska had 25%+ of the market. Good for them!!

I am glad Gary pulled the plug. It sucks in a way, but it's better than being led like sheep to slaughter.

Alaska Airlines pulled an old school SWA in Hawaii. ATA and Aloha disappeared, and before anyone could blink Alaska had 25%+ of the market. Good for them!!

I am glad Gary pulled the plug. It sucks in a way, but it's better than being led like sheep to slaughter.

I agree, plus think about it, the only reason ETOPS is needed is Hawaii...that's it. So does the cost justify the need? Especially since the only people truly headed to Hawaii would be rapid reward tickets. Since SWA changed its frequent flyer program, Hawaii would be full of people on reward tickets and non-revs. However, the bottom line problem continues to be our IT dept. I am sure SWA knows they need to get to San Juan and points beyond ASAP...but our RES system continues to get in the way. Spirit and Jetblue know this, hence they are multiplying like roaches south of the border. I have heard they would have been in San Juan 6 months ago if it wasn't for our res system.

IT guys at SWA see this place as a stepping stone to better jobs. They don't make a lot here, so one guy writes a program and then leaves. The next guy comes in here and figures out the program the last guy wrote, adds his two sense and leaves. Hence the problem, a patchwork of stuff created by a bunch of people that are no longer here. 2 years seniority in the IT Dept. at SWA is the equivalent of a 15 year employee in any other dept.

I have heard they would have been in San Juan 6 months ago if it wasn't for our res system.

Mmmm, probably not.

The Rez system needs to be upgraded for international flights, which require assigned seating for the manifest. . . San Juan isn't international, so I doubt that is a requirement for San Juan.

The problem, more likely, is the lack of domestic alternate airports.

You also need international arrival gates and customs. The only city that we have those in, at this point, is Atlanta and maybe Orlando (I believe). The infrastructure is the hold up, once it is in place a rapid expansion is possible.

You also need international arrival gates and customs. The only city that we have those in, at this point, is Atlanta and maybe Orlando (I believe). The infrastructure is the hold up, once it is in place a rapid expansion is possible.

Not sure who you're referring to?

If you're talking about AAI, we also have them in BWI, TPA, DEN, SAT, MDW, SNA and maybe one or two others.

It's not that simple . . . . and that is why we have been saying all along that Int'l Ops (and the infrastructure, approvals, agreements and authorizations) have a great deal of value that was not being appreciated by those who haven't been through the process before.

Last edited:
Not sure who you're referring to?

If you're talking about AAI, we also have them in BWI, TPA, DEN, SAT, MDW, SNA and maybe one or two others.

It's not that simple . . . . and that is why we have been saying all along that Int'l Ops (and the infrastructure, approvals, agreements and authorizations) have a great deal of value that was not being appreciated by those who haven't been through the process before.
Easy now. "We" is combined ops, and there's a reason I said "I believe." Now, I know, thanks for that! My point was, it's not all reservation system, class II or Etops certification. We (combined ops because I, unlike some, am optimistic about it) need to build up the infrastructure of arrival cities and customs for any expansion over the current schedule. At least expansion as classic SWA defined it, over 7 departures a day.

Speaking of comparing, how is it that you GL, a supposed General, allowed Secret Squirrel to co-opt your avatar? What goes on here? If you were REALLY a general, I suspect you'd have the squirrel, who can't be any higher than a private, court-martialed for theft. Or at the very least, imitating and making fun of you.

Bubba

If he changes to my avatar again, I am going to have to get a restraining order.

Latest resources

Back