Swa - etops certification

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GIZMONC

Can anyone tell me the status of the ETOPS program at SWA? I know a ETOPS Manager was posted in DEC 2010 so I am sure she/he was hired shortly there after. Now the 800's are online at SWA and they come ETOPS ready but what about the certification with the FAA. Anyone know first hand whats going on how far along is SWA in this process. Bottom line how far away is SWA from launching service to HAWAII?

That have hosted a ton of pizza parties but the FAA has not sent the approval letter. They can't even code share with an airline they bought two years ago.

A SWA Capt in ATL told me it is on indefinite hold. He stated "we were too late to the Hawaii game anyway." Then he said because of their lack of a required reservation system(?), SWA wouldn't be flying any INTL routes until at least 2015. The current INTL routes would be flown by Airtran, since they have what is needed, supposedly.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
My sisters boyfriends aunt was getting her hair done and the lady two chairs down was overheard saying exactly what the jaded Delta guy just posted.

My sisters boyfriends aunt was getting her hair done and the lady two chairs down was overheard saying exactly what the jaded Delta guy just posted.

The jaded Delta guy is really a pimply faced teenager living in her moms basement, eating Dominos and Code Red Mt Dew, while pulling on the chin whiskers of real pilots.

Yup, how many posts does the gen have? This guy is a shill, probably a lawyer for ford and Harrison or a ************************* management puke. He is all over these boards spewing his crap and anti-pilot sentiment. His goal is to try and create dissention and adversity. See for yourself and just look at the history of posts. He probably gets paid by the post. Complete POSER.

I've heard the the SWA FAs have something in their contract that prevents Hawaii flying. The company will need to fix that, as well.

No, the FA's rejected the first international contrac offer, they are back at the table negotiating. And doing a much better job than the pilots, as usual, they realize international should come with more pay and benefits.

Voting closes tomorrow for the FAs. Hawaii is still in the works but Class II Nav is first. It will take a year to train the pilots on that and it's already begun. ETOPS training to follow that. But I'm sure the General knows more about it than I do...

No, the FA's rejected the first international contrac offer, they are back at the table negotiating. And doing a much better job than the pilots, as usual, they realize international should come with more pay and benefits.

Their new Side Letter has nearly exactly the same provisions as the pilots voted in: ADG means "Southwest Day" (except a single duty period), 15% override for red-eyes, passport provisions, etc. It also has the same temporary carve-out for NW South America being "near-international" for 36 months. The only thing that's really different is a couple bucks more ($2 or $3 for 'A') per trip for FAs who are proficient bilingually.

Bubba

Latest resources

Back