SWA Entertainment System

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWAdude

In Flight Attendant recurrent training they are informing the F/A's that some form of seat back televised entertainment system will either be announced or implemented in January of next year. The story goes that we have found a vender that met the companies financial requirements for the installation of this system.

That is literally all the details that were given. It was from management at a recurrent class yesterday.

SWAdude :cool:

I thought the F/A's WERE the entertainment. I could give a crap about the movies, at least you guys have peanuts!!!

SWAdude said:
In Flight Attendant recurrent training they are informing the F/A's that some form of seat back televised entertainment system will either be announced or implemented in January of next year. The story goes that we have found a vender that met the companies financial requirements for the installation of this system.

That is literally all the details that were given. It was from management at a recurrent class yesterday.

SWAdude :cool:
Well with Gary's "tight fisted philosophy", everyone will probably be wearing antenna's and paying $5.:)

Tight fisted philosophy

Lowercur,

Gary's tight fisted philosophy contributed to Southwest's profit last quater not withstanding your predictions. If I were you, I would wait and give him the benefit of the doubt. He may make you look silly again...

RJones:

On your list of aircraft flown, that Fw-190E isn't a Focke-Wulf 190E is it? I couldn't think of anything else. If it is, how did you swing that?

Let's look at what we've got going here at SWA these days....

*Fancy new livery
*Leather Seating
*OnLine Advance Check-in
*Snazzy new uniforms for the frontline employees
*New service to a congested east coast airport

Now PTVs may be in the offing? Throw in assigned seating, a couple of carribean
destinations and a massive order for a 100 seat aircraft and our transformation into a
full -fledged jetBlue clone will be complete. Whoda thunk it.

The retrofit process oughta be delightful...I can just hear it now..."But they had TV
on my last flight!".

SWAInflt said:
Let's look at what we've got going here at SWA these days....

*Fancy new livery
*Leather Seating
*OnLine Advance Check-in
*Snazzy new uniforms for the frontline employees
*New service to a congested east coast airport

Now PTVs may be in the offing? Throw in assigned seating, a couple of carribean
destinations and a massive order for a 100 seat aircraft and our transformation into a
full -fledged jetBlue clone will be complete. Whoda thunk it.

The retrofit process oughta be delightful...I can just hear it now..."But they had TV
on my last flight!".
From the "followed to the follower." Not bad leadership from a former employee with ADD, that didn't know enough to keep his mouth shut. Of course the order for the E-jet is just his irrational "nationalistic euphoria" spilling over. Hopefully, they can get this guy under control.:rolleyes:

The May 28th communication to employees is just the beginning of the "updates" on how the company needs to keep costs in line to compete. Maybe the General can give us an approx of what it costs to retro-fit those 757's with IFE. It's gonna be a huge expense for WN. The communication was just to let the employees know that mgt is doing their job in keeping the company profitable and on the cutting edge, but it's going to take sacrifice from the employee groups to maintain viability for the future. It's gonna get interesting when the pilot's contract comes up in the near future.

lowecur said:
From the "followed to the follower." Not bad leadership from a former employee with ADD, that didn't know enough to keep his mouth shut. Of course the order for the E-jet is just his irrational "nationalistic euphoria" spilling over. Hopefully, they can get this guy under control.:rolleyes:
lowecur said:
The May 28th communication to employees is just the beginning of the "updates" on how the company needs to keep costs in line to compete. Maybe the General can give us an approx of what it costs to retro-fit those 757's with IFE. It's gonna be a huge expense for WN. The communication was just to let the employees know that mgt is doing their job in keeping the company profitable and on the cutting edge, but it's going to take sacrifice from the employee groups to maintain viability for the future. It's gonna get interesting when the pilot's contract comes up in the near future.
I too would love to know what a retrofit would cost per plane.
Our fleet count currently stands at 399 and counting. Every new 73G
that rolls off the line without the rumored IFE is one more that needs
a retrofit. The cheap and dirty way to solve the problem is to only outfit
the longhaul jets with IFE. The only catch is that there is no such thing
as a longhaul -700 or a short haul -700 around here our aircraft don't
flow throw the system that way. Besides the only way to justify
the expense of IFE is if you use a marketing tool. If you don't have in the
entire fleet or a least a plan to do so you have to advertise it with a huge
disclaimer. Not the best way to win customers especially when the newest
LCC competition has the geegaws bells, and whistles in every jet on every flight.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back