• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

SWA downgrading more capt's.

Quiet Flight

I love your mom.
Total Time
SWA announced this morning that as of Jan, 2010 there will be an additional 50 captain downgrades. This is in addition to the previous 25 or so downgrades that were recently implemented.

Guess all of those capt's boasting about bidding reserve and sitting home all summer finally talked themselves out of that cherry deal... Bad part is, there already too many f/o's battling for too little flying. Furloughs to come??

Jetjockey

Stay thirsty my friends
Total Time
18K+
they better start learning that walk-around again.

Captain's don't do walk arounds???? Guess they are busy getting the "crew meals" at McDonalds.

Mach 80

Total Time
Captain's don't do walk arounds???? Guess they are busy getting the "crew meals" at McDonalds.

Well since they make about twice what you do, maybe so, but more often than not they are buying dinner for their crews at the layover or buying several rounds.

How are your delicious crew meals these days and how often ya buying a nice snack or dinner for your crew?

Mike man

Funk Master Flex
Total Time
5000+
...they are buying dinner for their crews at the layover or buying several rounds.

I once heard that there is an unwritten "rule" about first year folks never buying dinner or beer...is it true?

Quiet Flight

I love your mom.
Total Time
If only there was some sort of 'rule' or 'law' in place that determined when our 'more seasoned' pilots had to retire... Oh wait...

Jetjockey

Stay thirsty my friends
Total Time
18K+
Well since they make about twice what you do, maybe so, but more often than not they are buying dinner for their crews at the layover or buying several rounds.

How are your delicious crew meals these days and how often ya buying a nice snack or dinner for your crew?

Quite yummy, thanks for asking. Some airlines still serve food, for free.

ChinaClipper

Total Time
12k+
So who pushed.....

Age 65? Hired the consultants? Arm-twisted the Politicians? Any polling before that all went down? and if you have ever been polled before, ya know how painful THAT can be....

bluefin

Total Time
12000+
I once heard that there is an unwritten "rule" about first year folks never buying dinner or beer...is it true?

That was the golden rule at the majors once upon a time, even at UAL when I started. Of course this was all pre 9/11

luckytohaveajob

Total Time
1+
AGE 65. Is what SWAPA said about age 65 materializing? Was the sales job accurate?

Must be nice watching all those gray beards sit over in the left seat till Dec. 2012. When the furloughs start prior to Dec. 2012 don't be so surprised even though SWAPA said it would never happen as a result of age 65.

Enjoy. You all deserve it.

BigEasy

Total Time
I remember trying to buy a beer at the hotel on my first trip. Boy I have never seen anyone so worked up about a dollar beer. The principle of the thing you know. It is more than just buying beer here though. :beer:

scoreboardII

Total Time
xxxxxx
I have always said, when times hit hard at SWA, the rest need to watch out...

Colonel Savage

Southern style...
Total Time
NoTime
That will depend on the economy. When it starts to unwind again, lookout.

capt1900

Total Time
>5000
Commuting on US Air tonight, the FO said that around 100 more furloughs due to the sale of the 190s.

GuppyWN

Total Time
Nice. It's like asking someone if they'd rather be hit by a car or hit by a bus!

God speed to the USAir dudes and dudettes.

Gup

Scope out RJ's

Banned
Total Time
What, 2 pages and no tanker clown claiming how he knew it all along from his "bud?"
Oh wait, he might be busy polishing his colonel's knob!