SWA delaying new planes, adding used Westjet birds --article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fred

Next u will say the AAI pilots got nothing in the deal...talk about propaganda...at least ur not stooping to character assassination like Ty does when he gets upset...about what I don't know. He will be a MAJOR airline Cappy soon after he transitions...

I'd never say that because it is not true. I understand one's view of plan and what that person thinks the other side should feel are skewed by our own prejudices. If that makes any sense.

I think I got mad at wave once but it was a moment of weakness. I try to keep personal attacks out of the banter.

Phred

You can use those numbers because they fit the SWAPA propaganda which you spout. The fact is AT was stalling our contract because it was negotiating with SWA. AT had no motivation to pay us more since that made the books look better. The rates we finally accepted were turned down prior. They were accepted this time in order to move forward with the merger. Once again you spew half truths using figures that fit your argument vice facts.

Phred

Phred,

Those were your payrates on the date of purchase announcement. You can try to twist those facts until the cows come home, but that WAS the rate before SW stepped in.

If you voted them down before, then cool. But those were the rates you voted for by voting down whatever was on the table.

I understand AFTER the announcementwas made, you decided to say Yes because there was a new future ahead. But you can't debate the fact of what you where getting paid before you or I knew SW was going to purchase AAI.

Even now (after the SW induced contract you have), the difference is over 40%. And those are HOURLY rates. I still stand by the doubling of the FO salary from what you where making beforehand. No propaganda....Those are the FACTS.

Phred,

Those were your payrates on the date of purchase announcement. You can try to twist those facts until the cows come home, but that WAS the rate before SW stepped in.

Then, by your logic, your Upgrade and System Seniority should remain what they were "on the date of purchase announcement".

So, if you think it's OK to pin those 2001 rates on us, you should be happy to remain in your pre-merger seat and system seniority as well. Fair is fair, and you're all about the fairness, right? :rolleyes:

I'm pretty much done with this teeth-gnashing and b.s., but if you guys want to keep it going, "whine on", as Queef chose to say.

Last edited:
Ty,

Pinning payrates on you? Hardly. That's what the rates where. I didn't just pull them out of the air.

I know you and Phred want to talk about how us mid to low-level FO's are being screwed by the SW upgrades and the ex-AAI captains coming over as super senior FOs, but here's a newsflash for you...

We mid-level FOs are just exchanging our senior FOs for you. I never thought you should have lost your seat, but it's done.

You want to equate your payrate and quality of life from your contract to a seniority change on our side? Nice try, but that's not even close to reality. What did Airtran pilots have to give coming to the table? There was only one thing....seniority. There wasn't anything else. I'll say again, you (in general) should have kept your seat. Some at the bottom should have lost it....but it should have been based on overall seniority via the combined list.

Your payrates and our payrates where there for all to see before the announcement. Those that want to try and alter those facts to fit their arguement are being disingenuous at best.

Last edited:
T

Your payrates and our payrates where there for all to see before the announcement. Those that want to try and alter those facts to fit their arguement are being disingenuous at best.

So were your seniority, our seats, and your future upgrades

If you can't see that for what it is, well, I guess we have nothing else to discuss, do we?

Might as well leave it alone then. Eventually, you'll figure it out, but until then, see you on the other side.

Last edited:
Small fact u like to keep out: u had the seats in SL9...now ur spewing nonsense about how much u make as a regional cappy...on a contract u got because of the acquisition...welcome to the the big leagues and that undeserved SWA cappy seat u will soon sit in (that u stole from a RSW FO)....u doubled down for arbie and blinked...live with it..,

Regional cappy? Big leagues? I think someone has little man's disease.

Regional cappy? Big leagues? I think someone has little man's disease.

Microphallus, or micropenis, is defined as a stretched penile length of less than 2.5 standard deviations (SDs) below the mean for age. Traditionally, the term micropenis refers to a penis that is otherwise normally formed, and the term microphallus has been used when associated hypospadia is present.

Hey, Wacky Jacky-

While there might not be a cure for your condition, you should still seek help. You might be able to find a support group to help you deal with your condition.

Best of luck,
Ty

Last edited:
So were your seniority, our seats, and your future upgrades.

If you can't see that for what it is, well, I guess we have nothing else to discuss, do we?

Might as well leave it alone then. Eventually, you'll figure it out, but until then, see you on the other side.

You guys gain a 40-90% pay increase at a larger, more stable company and are bitching?

I really didn't get much from this deal. Maybe a 2% seniority gain (among 8000 pilots) and no 'early' upgrade from what I was already looking at. I wish I could have gotten a 50% payraise, or stock, or options or something. And I know what you lost. Money isn't everything...you lost your base/days off... and now will have to commute. That sucks.

Ty,

I hope to see you on this side and hope you enjoy it when you come over (minus the commute). It's a great place to work.

Latest resources

Back