SWA Currency Requirment for Poolies!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Pegasus,
How many people do you think are in the pool? I have a friend that got lucky enough to get into the July 15th class. While he was there, the word was that there were 360 people in the pool.

Double the pool list is my best guess, that figures (approx) with what they told your buddy.
Once they (if they) start again, our pool list drains at 10-12 swimmers a class. Can't stress enough that this is best guess stuff. So if you are No100, you're really 200, and therefore 10 classes away from starting. :(

Pegsus,
So according to the "times two" theory, whoever is #228 on our list is really #456 on the real list. That would put him in the 23rd class (20 people per class). So if SWA starts training again in January at max production of 2 class per month, #228 will be looking at a class no earlier than January of 2004 (assuming no classes in December). I think I need a drink. :rolleyes:

Pegasus, my math is a little more optimistic, though I think we all still have a pretty long wait. I'm guessing the actual pool size of 361 that has been bounced around is pretty accurate, and we've got 228. 361/228= 1.583. So for any of us, multiply your flightinfo poolie # by 1.583 to get a good guess on the "real" number. Then, divide by 20 to guess how many classes away you are.
Other factors that may help further:
1. I don't know if the Stop/loss has completely ended or not, but if there's even a few ahead of you, you might get an earlier class date.
2. Also, there's always the possibility that some in the pool may take classes at Fedex/JB, etc.
3. They can have classes of up to 26, though the average is 20.
Bigger classes=less wait time, assuming the same # of classes.

Last edited:
And it gets better than that...

Since our last update we've had 5 more poolies sign in. With 360 in the actual pool, I believe PTinbound has the right idea....perhaps multiply your number by 1.5 for a closer count.

Also, I'm inclined to say there are more unlisted poolies after #200 and less (40-50) before this number....based on a Southwest news article in March.

Lastly, there are a number of swimmers at other carriers who may not want to leave their current jobs when they get called. Let's hope for classes in Sept & Oct to see how many get called from our list.

Hope'n & Wait'n,

W8n4swa:cool:

Pool Size

The number 360 is very accurate. That is the number I got from a VERY reliable source (don't ask) last week. Keep the faith.

Pool list methodology

I'm new to this forum, and #87 on your current SWA poolie list (good gouge, kudos to the folks who put this together)

I talked to Lindsey a couple of days ago - she had no news that hasn't already been posted. She also gave me the impression that they rack 'n stack poolies differently than the methodology the Poolie list appears to use. I got the distinct impression the only thing that mattered to them was your interview date - and your type rate date only comes into play if you don't have it by the time they call you for a class.

Not the best news for me, because if it's true, I'd drop ~ 35 - 40 names lower on the list. Anyone have more SA on this topic?

Menace

Menace,

Very interesting what Lindsey told you. This is very different from what I've been told....pool date is the later of the type and interview date. If indeed your correct, this whole list can be somewhat out of order.

Anyone else heard this??

I'd like to think that's true. I'd move up 120 spots. I've only heard it by type rating date if you didn't have it by the interview and interview date if you already had the type.

sorry, I guess if I were to be more accurate, I'd move up
120*1.583 or 189.96 spots. I may be in the next class. Not

Latest resources

Back